Meeting your needs in challenging times - a message from the CEO of Robert Half
As Chief Executive Officer of Robert Half, I want to share with you the robust plans and procedures we have developed to manage the possible impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The well-being of all our people, including those who work for you, are of utmost importance to us. We are dedicated to meeting your staffing needs with minimal interruption in service.
We're here when you need us
Our staffing professionals use mobile technology daily and can work remotely on short notice. We have staffing and consulting locations in 380 offices worldwide. If, for some reason, we could not meet service requirements in any of our offices, or a significant number of our employees were unable to work, we would relocate the work to another office or to other employees.
What we've done so far
- At this time, we have suspended travel to restricted areas, as well as non-essential business travel. We will continue to assess our policies based on guidance from the the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization and local governments.
- We have implemented quarantine protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees. We have developed staffing models to manage our critical support roles in customer support roles in customer service, technical operations and payroll.
- We have evaluated critical vendors for alternative options to minimise disruption.
- We've honored client requests for engagement professionals to work remotely and have created more options to serve our customers.
- In accordance with government guidelines, our staffing professionals will be encouraged to work remotely, and are available to meet with you online, via video conferencing or phone.
We've got plans in place to respond to a crisis
As a global company, Robert Half is guided by country and local health agencies and the World Health Organization’s pandemic alert phases. We have a defined action plan for each geographic area in response to each phase. Our executive leadership has communicated guidance to all our employees related to the current status of restricted travel, coordination with clients regarding continuity of services, and instructions that individuals who have flu-like symptoms should not report to work.
If you need additional assistance
The latest information about our response to COVID-19 can be found on our FAQ page. We’ll continue to assess our plans based on guidance from government and health authorities.
If you have any questions or need any assistance of any kind, please contact your local Staffing Executive or email me at [email protected].
President and Chief Executive Officer