Head of Compliance
Post Date : 30 March 2017
Robert Half is working on an exclusive basis with a leading F&B/Retail company in Kuwait who are market leaders in their field. Due to an internal promotion they are looking to recruit Head of Compliance.
Reporting directly into the CEO you will be responsible for overseeing the Legal and internal audit functions and setting up and managing the risk management function. The role gives exposure to multiple brand and business units. This creates unique challenges and opportunities for experienced, professionally qualified risk management professionals. The company's external, independent internal auditors conduct reviews on organizational and functional activities ensuring all relevant controls are in place to ensure risk is mitigated, assets are safeguarded and company policies are adhered to. You will coordinate, supervise and plan the work of the service provider, in addition to carrying out independent select risk and internal audit reviews.
- Appraises the organization's financial position and issues periodic financial and operating reports focusing on financial performance, cost reduction and profit improvement measures.
- Your observations and recommendations will be presented to the CEO and business leaders you have an opportunity to help shape the success of the business.
- Manage the Legal Manager
- Develop and implement action plans and recommendations to support business improvements and initiatives.
- Directs and analyses studies of general economic, business and financial conditions and their impact on the organization's policies and operations.
- Develops and maintains organization's Financial Policies & Procedures, Controls and Guidelines.
- Establishes the financial business objectives for all his subordinates and agrees with them on successful implementation with action plans.
- Participates in the strategic planning and annual business planning activities and ensure business plans are translated into achievable financial objectives.
- Addresses internal audit reports and provide corrective measures to financial audit issues.
- Manages relationship with external auditors and ensures proper and timely financial reporting
- Manages the strategies and processes related security, availability and integrity of information systems by also ensuring that back-up and recovery plans and practices and well as robust IS security procedures are operating effectively
- Ensures that IT business applications provided integrated support to business processes and provide with unified platform for all business units' data processing
- Signs cheques and authorizes payments, bank transfers and TTs, LCs, and other financial instruments and authorizes financial transactions as per company's Authority Matrix
- Reviews and updates Financial policies and procedures Manual and recommends procedures and processes for all financial and accounting transactions both inter-company and cross-company
- Oversees plans and procedures for periodic inventories at the Warehouse and Outlets and ensures integrity and accuracy of inventory records.
- Manages the insurance policies and ensures that critical risk areas are covered with reasonable and sufficient insurable values and that asset evaluations are reviewed on yearly basis.
- Plans, organizes and supervises the budgeting process to ensure that annual business plan, annual forecasts and annual budgets have been submitted to the CEO and Board accurately and timely and are within company's strategic targets and goals.
- Responsible for producing the following reports
- Accounting qualifications such as CA, CPA, CMA, CFA
- At least 10 years of increasing responsibility working in public accounting or with an American multinational corporation in a Finance Management position.
- Background in multiple project and people management.
- History of demonstrating global business acumen with experience in working successfully in a multinational, matrix driven organization.
Salary and Benefits
The package will reflect the seniority of the responsibilities.
Gate Village 1, Level 1