12th February 2019
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half is working exclusively with leading service provider focused primarily on the construction industry. The business has a strong presence in KSA and GCC countries. The company lists several large international service providers as exclusive clients.
- Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will drive the company's financial function, financial systems and controls, whilst help to set the standard for the Group's financial and internal control policies.
- The successful candidate should have experience in managing all aspects of finance including FP&A, Financial Control, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury and change management of financial systems processes and corporate structures. They need to have a vision to continuously improve processes and outputs and define financial systems and processes that are high quality and efficient to operate.
- The role will have constant interaction with the Senior Leadership team therefore excellent interpersonal and strong technical accounting skills are a must, as is the ability to effectively utilize financial systems.
- Ownership of all financial statements and accounting processes
- Ensure the provision of high quality, timely financial and management reporting
- Management & Control of overhead spend
- Ensure compliance with statutory and tax reporting requirements for the business, with overall responsibility for management of statutory accounts and tax reporting requirements
- Support the business in leading the year-end process of and the Subsidiary, including planning, systems development, defining information collected, external audit and review
- Ensure legal & operating entity structure meets the needs of the business shareholders and systems are used to best effect
- Define accounting processes and procedures. Implement solutions to make improvements and efficiencies and drive standardization and continual improvement to increase data quality and efficiency.
- Maintain all necessary reporting to the banks, Government Agencies and all such entities as required by business and/or regulations.
- Define and / or maintain key policies and guidelines, ensuring understanding & compliance across the territories
- Strong technical background. Extensive (10+) post-qualified ACA / ACCA / CPA with previous experience in large complex organisations
- Experience working within the construction, engineering or manufacturing industries
- Proficient in the accurate preparation and review of a multicurrency group consolidations and familiar with the latest accounting standards
- Significant experience in change management including systems, process and implementing corporate structures for operating and tax efficiency
- Experience of developing & embedding control frameworks
- Excellent numerical, report writing and communication.
- Advanced Excel skills are imperative
- Motivational and able to lead through change
- Able to set challenging deadlines and lead the team to meet them, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Proactive and have the initiative to solve problems
- Commercially aware with an ability to make the right decision for the organisation
- Able to influence others at all levels of the organisation with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A strategic thinker with high level of numeracy
- Confident, willing to set and maintain standards and to challenge
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700