Treasury Analyst - Front Office
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 16 February 2017
- To ensure that financial risks relating to foreign exchange are hedged and executed at the best possible prices using appropriate financial instruments as per policy.
- Cash management and liquidity exposures are managed by Treasury and undertaken on behalf of businesses within the group ultimately protect shareholder value.
- The Front Office Analyst must operate to the highest standards of treasury best practice, policy and control by working closely with local management teams, partner banking relationships and have an intimate understanding of local needs and issues.
Key activities will include:
- Front office foreign exchange dealing operations
- Daily cash and liquidity management
- Banking relationships
Key Outputs and Accountabilities
Management of the front office foreign exchange dealing operations:
- Formulate hedging plans based on reported exposures.
- Direct involvement in obtaining "Triple A" foreign exchange dealing pricing from chosen financial institutions.
- Execute FX transactions in the market either on the 360-T platform or other trading platforms where this is available or directly with the bank.
- Ensure loan documentation is in place for all internal debt structures and deals, inclusive of derivative documentation.
- Source forecasts of exchange rates, interest rates and inflation rates for Group countries.
- Prepare market analysis for new strategies including retrospective and prospective testing on instruments (Hedge Accounting review).
- Prepare market analysis for management.
- Recommend strategies for reduction of foreign exchange and interest rate exposures.
- Provide scenario analysis on currency and interest rate movements including sensitivity, maturity and volatility.
- Deal capture in TMS.
Management of Cash and Liquidity:
- Check daily cash balances, ensuring forecasts have been updated by the business units on a weekly basis.
- Ensure correct funding of accounts in each country either by way of the movement of funds or the purchasing of foreign exchange to cover FX shortfalls.
- Review maturing debt transactions and ensure these are correctly dealt.
- Ensure that each business unit's cash and FX forecasts are up to date as agreed to between business units and the Treasury Centre.
- Ensure cash/loan deals are correctly captured in the treasury system and that all time-lines are met.
- Follow-up on settlement and reconciliation issues where requested to do so by Treasury Back Office.
- Ensure solid working relationships exist at an operational level with the relevant finance staff in each country/region/business unit where the dealer has operational responsibility.
Management of Banking Relationships
- It is imperative that sound relationships exist with all banks across all product ranges, whether it is treasury, general banking or other related product areas.
- Good relationships with bank dealing staff at Group and country level
- Constantly engage with banks to remain up-to-date with new hedging products across all product groups (both currency and commodity) to suitably support all businesses in achieving cost-effective price protection.
- Support line management in any ad-hoc analysis and hedging requirements offered by relationship banks
- Report on quantitative pricing by bank and currency
- Report and qualitative dealing relations across the Group's selected banks and recommend changes as necessary
- University graduate with professional qualifications (ideally in Economics/ Finance)
- ACT/ ACI dealing qualification preferred
- 3-5 years of trading and exposure management in an international environment
- Fully Conversant with South African, African and Global market developments
- General understanding of financial instruments and associated risks
- Financial Systems experience (trading platforms/ Bloomberg/ TMS) is an advantage
- Advanced modelling and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise in a fast changing environment
- Highly numerate and detail orientated
- Competent user of major software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Bloomberg/Reuters
- Working knowledge of various exchange control environments across the region
- Hedge Accounting knowledge would be an advantage
- Ability to work independently and accept ownership of responsibilities
- 25k AED per month (All in)
Gate Village 1, Level 1