Treasury Analyst-Back Office
AED180000 - 240000 / annum
10th October 2018
Finance & Accounting
To ensure that all treasury operational activities undertaken on behalf of businesses within the group operate to the highest standards of treasury best practice, policy and control.
The Back Office Analyst will work closely with local finance teams, treasury front office, partner banks and have an intimate understanding of local operational issues. Key activities will include:
- Deal confirmation, settlement and postings
- Maintenance of Treasury Systems & Master Data
- Treasury and Bank account compliance
Key Outputs and Accountabilities
Deal confirmation, settlement and postings:
- Counterparty risk management.
- Processing all settlements (associated with deals, cash management and ad hoc treasury payments) and reconciliations.
- External FX deal confirmations
- Generating accounting entries in TMS for all Business Unit treasury transactions;
- Provision of journal entries at month-end to the Business Unit for upload into SAP;
- Providing accounting reports to the Business Unit in TMS
- Reconciling treasury bank accounts in TMS and resolving issues.
Maintenance of Treasury Systems
- Initiating changes to TMS Static Data - Users, Parties, Bank Accounts and SSIs (add/amend/delete);
- Ensuring that static data is not duplicated within TMS;
- Implementing change requests and providing the Business Unit with TMS User access reports;
- Reviewing Treasury Centre and Business Unit TMS users and access rights on a regular basis to ensure all existing access remains relevant and appropriate;
- Undertaking regular housekeeping to identify data which can be removed and;
- Help and system support for TMS;
- Maintaining users and static data in electronic banking systems
- Increasing efficiencies by simplifying processes and providing ideas for automation.
Treasury and Bank Account Compliance
- Opening/closing bank accounts on behalf of the Business Unit;
- Bank mandate maintenance for Business Unit bank accounts;
- The ongoing maintenance of policies and control documents in respect of treasury processes;
- Providing guidance to the Business Unit in respect of policies and controls; and
- Adherence to the applicable policies and controls in respect of treasury processes undertaken for the Treasury Centre and Business Unit.
Judgement and decision making
- Data Accuracy (TMS and financial instruments)
- Banking limits
- Trade reconciliation
Qualifications and Experience
- University graduate with professional qualifications (ideally in Finance/ Accounting)
- ACT/ Accounting qualification preferred
- 2-5 years of banking/ corporate treasury operations in an international environment
- General understanding of the trade life cycle and processing techniques
- Treasury management system experience
- Data validation and financial record maintenance.
- Detail orientated
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills
- Sound understanding of treasury controls, processing and compliance requirements
- Competent user of major software packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ensure that processes are in place to support ongoing operations activities in a controlled way in line with treasury policy and levels of authority
- Effectively communicate to different levels throughout the organization
- Ability to work independently and accept ownership of responsibilities.
Salary & Benefits
- 15k AED - 20k AED (ALL In)
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700