Regional Commercial & Legal Manager
18th June 2019
Providing professional employment law services to the Middle East part of the business. Including reviewing Employment agreements to ensure that temporary contractors are engaged on a sound legal basis in line with the business requirements.
- Supervise the Regional Commercial & Legal Officer and Regional Commercial Compliance Officer. Provide advice and guidance on contractual matters, in particular in respect to the mitigation of legal and contractual risk to ensure aligns with the Company's Corporate Risk Strategy. Prepare Commercial Risk Reviews as required for approval by Senior Management.
- Providing comprehensive employment law advice and assistance to Middle East region for staff and temporary manpower.
- Enhancing the service provided to the Company contractors by ensuring that the Middle East Assignment Support teams are in a position to provide manpower with clear concise documentation that properly protects Company's business and minimises the risk of complaints or litigation.
- Reviewing and updating terms and conditions under which temporary manpower and staff are engaged by the Company in the Middle East, and advising on changes in the law and client contracts impact to Company's pricing models.
- Keeping abreast of changes to employment laws and requirements in the areas in which the Company operates in the Middle East, including quarterly review and update of internal operating knowledge database and communication of changes to internal stakeholders.
- Handling contentious contractor terminations and any claims raised by contractors relating to such terminations or other aspects of their assignment.
- Managing Middle East litigation, taking external legal advice where required and bringing any litigation to a swift conclusion in line with business needs and requirements, to achieve best result for the Business in a cost effective manner..
- Manage corporate matters in respect of the Company entities across the Middle East and project manage new entity setups.
- Proactively managing external lawyers to obtain specialist advice within budgetary constraints.
- Keep up to date with and anticipate emerging employment, organizational, legal and commercial issues and developments.
- Develop wider team customer service and engagement levels with other departments and regions, and manage contribution from other staff across the Business, on a global basis.
- Identify and extend best practices and continuous improvement opportunities across the Company, coaching others to develop solutions.
- Maintain and develop credibility of Global Commercial, Legal and Compliance Team.
- Is able to understand the Commercial risk parameters of the business and to apply a range of solutions in a coherent, logical manner.
- Uses Commercial and legal expertise to provide recommendations on resolution of issues within risk parameters.
- Passes on own skills to others sharing knowledge and experience readily.
- Adopts a questioning approach to clarify or more fully understand an issue.
- Helps to uncover pertinent facts to source a solution.
- High level of analytical skills and excellent knowledge of Middle Eastern Employment law, including UAE, KSA, Iraq (including Kurdistan region of Iraq), Oman, Qatar (ideally more than 2 of these jurisdictions).
- Displays professional integrity.
- Future focused, inquisitive and open minded.
- Decisive thinker.
- Experience of working in a pressured environment and ensuring the delivery of projects to timescales.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to assess commercial liability and risk and make recommendations as to the appropriate course of action.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years PQE with extensive experience in the Middle East in understanding and dealing with: Employment matters; Corporate matters; Reviewing and negotiating client contracts.
- Corporate in house experience 1-3 years (essential).
- Experience of managing legal team (desirable).
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700