Legal & Contracts Manager - MEA
AED360000 - 480000 / annum
2nd September 2018
A global oil & energy company based in Dubai.
The role is a key partner to the business in ensuring that all contractual commitments made are within the Company's risk parameters and minimise in all cases.
The Contracts Manager will be self-driven and own any legal and insurance risk managements, as well as commercial due diligence, which are some of the key foundations to build a successful business for the region.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Review the pre-award tender terms and conditions to identify and mitigate commercial risks by assessing company's obligations and liabilities, including insurance requirements, bank guarantee wordings, payments terms, etc.
- Lead all activities related to contractual, legal, commercial and insurance issues related to existing contracts with clients including the drafting of variation orders to maximize profits.
- Support the Supply Chain in drafting, reviewing and negotiating Terms and Service agreements.
- Oversee the 'know your customer' process ensuring risks are flagged on new and existing customers.
- Oversee the compliance and due diligence, which may include interviewing supplier when necessary.
- Deliver training and awareness sessions to the sales, marketing and business development teams across the business.
- Work closely with the commercial and sales teams to identify areas to support business growth.
- Continual development of standard T&Cs, commercial processes and tools.
- Primary contact for regional insurance broker.
- Maintain the regional contracts database.
- Maintain tracker of current commercial risks i.e liquidated damages.
- Control all regions contractual lease documentation.
- Control all documents relating to regions joint venture partnerships.
- Primary contact for regions third party law firms and taking the lead on all regions legal requirements.
- The role may involve local and international travel as and when required.
- Master's Degree (or equivalent) in business management, commercial, legal or related discipline which has covered Contract Law
- An understanding and ability to amend the main articles of a contract document (i.e. Indemnities, limitation of liability, warranties, termination rights, liquidated damages, payment terms, intellectual property, performance bond wording, letter of credit wording and dispute resolution etc.).
- Experience working in the GCC.
- 3+ years' experience in similar role.
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with internal and external clients.
- Fluent in English both, written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Salary and Benefits
30-40K per months plus benefits