Head of Internal Audit, Investments & Private Equity
16th July 2019
The Head of Internal Audit will be a hands-on role, reporting directly to the audit committee. The role will be responsible for managing and running the internal audit function of the firm, providing regular independent audits on behalf of the board, whilst also managing effective control systems.
The successful candidate would preferably have experience in private equity or a buyside firm with a portfolio of direct investments. A proven track record in internal audit and a clear understanding of relevant regulation, policy, and risk management frameworks is required. The candidate would have excellent communication skills and be able to build strong relationships across the firm.
- Manage the internal audit function and direct its activities and administrative responsibilities, maintaining independence as a function
- Develop the internal audit plan and budget
- Implement the annual audit plan together with any special projects as required, as approved by the audit committee
- Maintain a professional audit support network
- Establish a quality assurance program
- Evaluate and assess significant new or changing operations, processes and systems
- Issue regular reports to the audit committee
- Keep the audit committee informed of emerging trends and successful practices in internal auditing
- Provide a list of significant measurement goals and results to the audit committee
- Assist in the investigation of any suspected fraudulent activities in the event that they should arise
- Manage the scope of work, and engagement, of external auditors
- Bachelor's in Business Administration or Accounting from an accredited university.
- Relevant professional qualification (i.e. CIA, CA, ACCA or CPA).
- Work experience of 5-8 years in an auditing role (internal or external audit), with a minimum of 3-4 years in the capacity of internal auditor
- Experience working for a complex buyside investment firm or private equity firm, based in a developed financial center would be preferable
- Trained at a big four audit firm, preferable in a developed financial market
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Internal customer focus
- Quality orientation
- Able and willing to be based in Dubai
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700