Group Financial Controller
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half is working exclusively with a boutique agency focused primarily on the Media/Sports and Entertainment industry. The business is at an exciting time as they are just about to launch their Dubai operation.
Reporting to the Commercial Head of the Region and with a dotted line responsibility to the UK Finance Director, the Group Financial Controller will drive the company's financial function, financial systems and controls, whilst help to set the standard for the Group for internal control in Dubai and South Africa
The successful candidate should have experience in managing all aspects of finance including FP&A, Financial Control, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury and change management of financial systems processes and corporate structures. They need to have a vision to continuously improve processes and outputs and define financial systems and processes that are high quality and efficient to operate.
The role has a high profile within the company. Excellent interpersonal and strong technical accounting skills are a must, as is the ability to effectively utilize financial systems.
- Ownership of the planning process including management of the budget, operating plan, quarterly forecasts, and group strategic plan
- Ensure the provision of high quality, timely financial and management reporting for the various Subsidiaries
- Management & Control of overhead spend
- Provide Finance Business partnering services across functions, reviewing contracts, customers, pricing
- Ensure compliance with statutory and tax reporting requirements for Group and Subsidiary companies, with overall responsibility for management of statutory accounts and tax return internally or outsourced
- Support the business in leading the year-end process of and the Subsidiary, including planning, systems development, defining information collected, external audit and review
- Working with IT, and head office help implement appropriate systems platform and implementation to support the operating model and to provide consistent high quality data
- Ensure legal & operating entity structure meets the needs of the business shareholders and systems are used to best effect
- Define accounting processes and procedures. Implement solutions to make improvements and efficiencies and drive standardization and continual improvement to increase data quality and efficiency.
- Support the development of Group accounting rules / policy, ensuring consistent use the companies for a startup business
- Define and / or maintain key policies and guidelines, ensuring understanding & compliance across the territories (delegation of authority, BS reviews etc)
- Define and embed a risk management and controls process that is fit for purpose and efficient.
- Strong technical background. Extensive (10+) post-qualified ACA / ACCA / CPA with previous experience in start-up and medium size organisation based in multiple territories (Africa, Dubai and Singapore would be an advantage)
- Experience in Licensed / commission / Sponsorship based revenue models
- Proficient in the accurate preparation and review of a multicurrency group consolidations and familiar with the latest accounting standards (IFRS and local standard in Dubai, Singapore and Africa)
- Significant experience in change management including systems, process and implementing corporate structures for operating and tax efficiency.
- Experience of developing & embedding control frameworks
- Excellent numerical, report writing and communication.
- Strong people management and leadership including management of dispersed teams
- Experience of consolidated internal management accounting, forecasting and budgeting
- Experience of SAAS based accounting for / travel and expense management systems for SME
- Good Excel and Powerpoint skills , enabling rapid assimilation of key insights / messages
- Experience of sport & events management sector an advantage
- Ideally; Experience of working in a private business
- Motivational and able to lead through change
- Driven, taking full ownership of the role and accountability for work produced by the team
- Able to set challenging deadlines and lead the team to meet them, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Process driven
- Well planned, organised and detail conscious
- Proactive and have the initiative to solve problems
- Commercially aware with an ability to make the right decision for the organisation
- Able to influence others at all levels of the organisation with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- A strategic thinker with high level of numeracy
- Confident, willing to set and maintain standards and to challenge
- Willing to get involved in anything that needs doing with a can do attitude