Financial Analyst / Business Analyst
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 04 June 2017
The Company & Job:
Our client is one of the largest companies in the world in their field. They are now providing an exciting opportunity for a commercial minded Financial/Business Analyst to join their team.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the evaluations of the Business Development process for small scale project investments and assist on larger or more complex transactions.
- Analyse the potential investment projects and assess initial viability from a financial and strategic perspective.
- Work with the members of the MEA RO and Business Units as well as Head Office departments to support the complete Business Development process for projects from assessing initial viability through to completion
Evaluate investment proposals from the Middle East and Africa locations to Regional Management.
- Ensure projects submitted are in line with corporate strategy and internal valuation requirements
- Liaise with internal and external resources as necessary to verify information presented and ensure that commercial, operational and financial assumptions are reasonable
- Consolidating information in a format which is appropriate for Senior Management review
- Prepare recommendation for Board approval, if and when necessary
- Managing the process within the required timeframe
Support efforts to raise external project finance for new businesses as well as expansion of existing business.
- Prepare and/or review financial models that are appropriate for external lenders in order to determine the appropriate gearing level and optimum debt structure
- Prepare and/or review information memorandums for potential lenders that effectively describe the steps taken to take advantage of a project's inherent strengths and to mitigate any project weaknesses in order to obtain favourable debt terms, thereby maximizing the lift on the return on equity
- Support the business unit finance director in the process to satisfy all the conditions precedent to financial close
- Prepare handover files for business unit finance director who will be responsible for the on-going administration of the loan facility
Continuously improve Business Development policies and procedures used at Regional Office in line with Head Office policies and procedures
- Valuation techniques and internal financial/strategic requirements
- Financial modelling best practices
- Investment case preparation and presentation
- Ensure that the highest levels of safety are applied in all activities.
- Minimum requirement of a Bachelor's degree preferably in fields such as Management, Commerce, Engineering, Economics, Accounting, Law and/or Mathematics and CA/CPA/CIMA/CFA/CMA etc.
- 3-5 years post qualification experience in senior role in Financial Modelling, project finance etc. Maximum 29k per month (depending on experience) plus family benefits (medical, tickets and schooling allowance).
- Maximum 29k per month (depending on experience) plus family benefits (medical, tickets and schooling allowance).
Gate Village 1, Level 1