6th November 2019
Finance & Accounting
A fantastic opportunity to work with a large multinational conglomerate heading up one of their major divisions which is the food distribution arm of the organisation.
- Must have a collaborative management style with the ability to build partnerships with Logistics Operations Group and key Finance & Category stakeholders to effectively influence and drive business performance, budgeting & cost controlling efficiency.
- The candidate must be working currently for a food distribution or FMCG organization in GCC, working closely with Logistics Operations Leadership Team, Integrated Supply Chain Management Leadership Team, and Financial Planning & Reporting Team.
- Responsible to consolidate all the logistics activities (Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Transportation and Workshop) into
- Business Units cost bridges provided to the categories each month for actuals and reforecasts.
- Responsible for maintaining general ledger file and associated reports and verifying accuracy of certain account balances.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of information processed from subsystems. Update subsystem information into the G/L on a regular basis.
- Work closely on Oracle systems and its implementations for the 3PL business from scratch to completion
- Review journal entries and post at month end.
- Provide monthly financial statements or reports to GM-Finance and CEO.
- Analyze and summarize detail transactions for each bank accounts.
- Provide detail information to corporate for intercompany netting payments each month.
- Provide Inter-Company reconciliations to group companies at month end. Run Balance Sheet for chief accountant to enter intercompany balances into financials intercompany module
- Review and approve Intercompany Receivables into Netting System each month
- Complete monthly sales worksheet at month end.
- Update Freight, warehousing, transportation and workshops reports at month end.
- Ensure that freight, warehousing and transportation charges are being properly billed to customers.
- Ensure all backup for invoicing, payables, and payroll are reviewed before payments processing
- Reviewing Job Orders as and when requested for capital and operational expenditure projects.
- This position has the responsibility and authority to perform all job-related quality activities as defined in this job description and in the specific related procedures and work instructions.
- This position has the authority to stop action on work until concerns are resolved and to initiate and / or participate in identifying and implementing actions to correct existing and prevent future occurrences.
- Understand monthly/quarterly actuals and key drivers of past performance and provide insightful inputs for process improvements
- Manage forecast process including monthly/quarterly updates and annual plans
- Finance expert for transportation cost model, work with cross functional team to build annual budget/reforecasts in tool
- Prepares consolidation, close, and financial reports and liaises with external auditors
- Work on key financial projects that drive the improvement, including but not limited cost analysis models and capital projects
- Develop Performance measures and indicators to understand, quantify and communicate risks and opportunities.
- Lead the Logistics and Transportation annual and long-term planning process
- Support GM Finance to enhance and improve of planning, budgeting & reporting process
- Support cost saving initiatives reviews to provide transparency and accountability
- Identify opportunities for improvement and cost savings
- Business degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10 or more years of Accounting & finance experience
- 5 or more years of Transportation, Logistics, warehousing Operations support Experience
- 4 or more years working in a matrix organization supporting cross-functional business partners
- Adaptability - responds resourcefully to new demands and challenges
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, listening and communication skills
- Self-motivated, confident, results oriented, strong financial acumen
- Ability to influence without authority, collaborate and interact with all levels
- Advance excel skills
Salary & Benefits
- 55,000 AED per month
- Private medical insurance
- Annual flights
- Family package
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700