Director PMO - 12 month contract
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 14 February 2017
This is a 12 month contract role based in Dubai working for a semi-government entity.
Progressively senior experience as a project manager with the ability to evaluate and monitor how individual projects further a company's strategy while ensuring quality and consistency. Reviewing the projects at the "macro" level across broad groups of people and services.
- Set up The Project Management Office (PMO) to help ensure organizations goals are achieved.
- Develop and lead project management office
- Coordinates and oversees the special projects that run as temporary initiatives to augment normal business operations and help organizations to change and grow.
- Acts as a "Centre of Excellence," designed to help achieve better quality, consistency and oversight of projects across an enterprise - doing so by developing and maintaining project management methodologies, standards and tools.
- Develop project management certification for internal stakeholders as an in-house standard
- Develop and coordinate systems to record project expenditures across the business so that executives can track overall costs.
- Lead the organization PMO by playing a part in choosing which projects are undertaken by an organization
- Act as the technical expert responsible for establishing the organization's approach to the full life cycle of the projects it undertakes - from project planning, initiation, resourcing, execution, monitoring, control and completion.
- The Director ensures that the PMO meets performance targets that are aligned with the organization's strategic objectives and that projects adhere to best practices.
- Act as a trusted organization strategic advisor working alongside business leaders to help determine which projects should be undertaken why and when
- Project Management Governance: This involves establishing frameworks for robust project management, including: project management methodologies (e.g. when to use the traditional 'waterfall' model, where project tasks follow each other in a linear sequence); tools (making Microsoft Project available); approaches to project team organization structures; risk identification and escalation processes; project decision-making responsibilities, etc.The PMO Director is accountable for establishing the function, its standards and performance methods.
- Establish the PMO role and operating model (e.g. centralized or decentralized and areas of focus)
- Set standards for project management capabilities - certifications and qualifications of project managers (e.g. PMP), methodologies, success measurement (e.g. earned value measurement, which integrates measures of scope, schedule and costs to forecast project performance), and tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel or Project to create Gantt charts, which summarize a project schedule timeline and events)
- Create a "Centre of Excellence" to develop project management practitioners and the function, sharing knowledge and industry best practices
- Monitor compliance with policies and standards.
- Master or college graduate in either computer science, or Business MBA, or Technology.
- Professional association with Project management institute (PMI)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- More than +10 years of experience as a Senior Project Manager
- Proven track record of successful project delivery, an ability to improve project management practices by implementing new techniques and tools and substantial team leadership experience with a focus on team development
- Project experience may include initiatives that span geographies or business lines, impact a significant number of employees and/or require reporting to shareholders.
Salary & Benefits
- AED50K per month
Gate Village 1, Level 1