Director of Financial Planning and Budgeting
9th October 2019
Finance & Accounting
A large but growing asset management business based in Dubai who are owned by a large local conglomerate who operate across multiple industry sectors.
- Manage quarterly forecast and financial planning & budgeting responsibilities.
- Ensure accurate, timely and complete analysis of BU performance, to support strategic decision making.
- Finalize the accounts and audit.
- Provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by HOD/Senior Management.
- Support HOD to prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management
- Ensure implementation of and conformance to the financial and accounting policies and procedures, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Manage the preparation of the departmental as well as annual budgets, five-year plans, recalibrations and forecasts.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Supervision of Financial Analyst(s).
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modelling tools.
- Ad-Hoc reporting and analysis to Head of Finance.
- Quarterly and monthly financial reports.
- Implement and work with a business intelligence tool and dashboard reports
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, leasing concepts, as well as new development projects.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Bachelor in Accounting / Finance.
- Professional certification such as a CPA, CFA, CA, ACCA, or CMA is preferred.
- 10 years of experience in Accounting or Finance Function/ Budgeting Function, including 5 years as head of department or unit with extensive experience and understanding of budgeting standards, and variance analysis reporting.
Also, knowledge of:
- Accounting and IFRS.
- Revenue systems and Financial ERP.
- Analytical skills.
- Manage budget and cost control.
- Prepare BU budgets and ensure adherence to corporate budget timelines.
Salary & Benefits
- 45,000 AED per month
- Private medical insurance
- Annual airfare allowance
- Schooling allowance (Up to 3 Children)
- Mobile phone allowance
- Digressional bonus
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700