Assistant Manager - Finance & Tax
6th August 2019
The role would suit an individual who has trained and qualified with a Big 4 accounting firm in a developed market, who has moved onto work for a blue-chip employer or well-known employer in the UAE.
A successful candidate would be well versed in IFRS, GAAP, together with exposure to multi-jurisdiction taxation.
- Ensure proper financial reporting for tax purposes in line with international requirements, e.g. FATCA, CRS, FTA, UK CDOT etc
- Work with finance team in order to ensure proper maintenance and management of books and records in accordance with GAAP and/or IFRS
- Monitor changes and developments in international tax, and work both internal and external advisors in order to ensure that the company's tax position is compliant
- Take responsibility for ensuring that strong controls are in place across the finance functions in order to ensure that all data is well maintained with a proper audit trail, in accordance with relevant finance and tax reporting and regulatory rules.
- Provide general support to the finance team in financial reporting and accounting.
- Participate in the automation of tax reporting
- Chartered accountant (ACCA / ACA / CPA)
- Trained within a big 4 accounting firm, with prior experience in a developed financial market
- Hands on experience with multi-jurisdictional tax rules, regulations, and reporting procedures
- Able to build strong relationships with internal and external counterparts
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong technical skills, with understanding of IFRS, (GAAP also beneficial), together with key international tax frameworks
- Big 4 experience, together with industry experience, preferably in an international blue chip or leading regional firm
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700