Director - Anti-Bribery and Corruption
Post Date : 07 November 2016
Robert Half is working with a large bank in the United Arab Emirates.
Reporting to the Director Fraud Investigation and Anti Bribery Corruption, the main responsibilities of this role is to support the business areas covering the bribery activities for the Group and ensure that efforts are made to align the related policies and procedures with regulatory requirements and applicable laws and regulations.
Support the Director Fraud Investigation and Anti Bribery Corruption in performing the following:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the framework for Fraud activities that properly addresses the Compliance needs and requirements of the related divisions in line with laws, rules and regulations that best meets the needs of the bank.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of a Risk-Based Compliance programme that will provide assurance of compliant and non-compliant activities across the related business divisions.
- Ensure the accurate, timely and effective development of reports from the respective team.
- Assist in the follow up of all remedial actions suggested by internal audit or external regulatory authorities to ensure its timely implementation.
- Manage in conducting ad-hoc or specific bribery and corruption investigations as directed by internal Senior Management that may arise from Whistleblowing or other Disciplinary acts in addition to requests directed by external regulators.
- Ensure proper record keeping on investigations conducted and prepare reports to relevant internal and external stakeholders as required
- Manage the execution of the Compliance training for the related divisions across the Group to assist in building and leveraging the businesses knowledge of their activities and related associated risks.
- Maintain and build an effective relationship with the related divisions so that effective escalation of issues is achieved and risk managed.
- Assist in providing timely and accurate Compliance advice by soliciting with expertise as required on any critical regulatory obligations or other related matters to ensure continued expertise is provided to the business functions.
- Keep abreast of related rules, regulations and best practices pertaining to Fraud activities, assess its impact on the bank and update the business functions accordingly.
- Execute other duties as directed by the Director and Head - AML, Financial Fraud and MLRO or by the Executive Director of Financial Crime
- At least 5 years of Anti Bribery experience preferably in Compliance and/or Audit in Multinational Banks
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Management, Banking or Finance, preferably with certification in compliance, fraud, risk management or internal audit.
- Good understanding of international laws and regulations and thorough knowledge of bribery and corruption in international banking.
- Excellent project management skills with strong control
- Strong interpersonal, people management and facilitation skills
- Ability to generate ideas, think creatively, develop innovative solutions and build effective business relationships quickly
- Team player, able to meet tight deadlines and manage challenging workload
- Focused on driving tasks to completion with pace, whilst retaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Discrete and has sense for integrity and handles highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
Salary and Benefits
Excellent tax free salary
Gate Village 1, Level 1