Accounts receivable manager responsibilities
The accounts receivable manager is responsible for company invoicing, the control of credit and its collection. They review processes and ensure that the invoicing and credit control teams are operating smoothly and efficiently.
The accounts receivable manager, sometimes known as accounts payable manager, typically reports directly into the financial controller.
Accounts receivable manager responsibilities include:
- Managing invoicing and credit control teams
- Creating expense reports
- Issue resolution for complex supplier accounts
- Performing credit request checks
- Protecting business margins
- Invoice authorisation
- Liaising with vendors and clients
Accounts receivable manager qualifications, skills and experience
For the accounts receivable role, employers are often looking for professionals with a strong academic background, those who are qualified by experience, or professionals who are newly qualified.
Skills and experience within the accounts receivable manager job description can include:
- Knowledge of tax requirements
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experienced with team management
- ERP knowledge
Additional soft skills needed for the role are as follows:
- Attention to detail
- Well organised
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management
Are you looking for accounts receivable manager roles? You can find our latest vacancies here.