Head of Finance
July 3, 2018
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half is working exclusively with a US listed manufacturing company based in Jeddah. Due to an internal promotion my client is looking to recruit a Head of Finance for their Saudi Arabian operation.
The role of the Head of Finance is to plan, coordinate and control the finance activities of the entity, including, accounting records and financial reports with regards to performance accounting, cash management and internal control systems, financial planning and management reporting, and effective insurance coverage of the company's assets in line with the company's standards and procedures.
- Plans, organizes and directs the financial management of the entity and activities of the finance department.
- Coordinating with internal audit to identify, modify and implement solutions to any gaps found in the control mechanisms
- Review and resolving audit questions with external
- Ensuring compliance to SOX requirements
- Manages systems for budgeting, financial planning, and performance measurement; this includes:
- Update and maintenance of the local financial database
- Providing management with backup financial information necessary for preparation of budgets and analysing performance against planned results
- Recommendation of corrective measures in matters having financial implications where budget deviations are substantial
- Preparation and promotion of financial data to the HFM for reporting to the US.
- Supervises all incoming and outgoing financial transactions in order to enforce defined accounting standards
- Implements the company's accounting policies and procedures in order to provide accurate financial and management reports. Makes and prepares revenue projections.
- Recommends required policy updates, and updates the financial manual of the entity as and when required.
- Controls and secures defined level of liquidity and monitors cash flow. Is responsible for Treasury Management, i.e. deposits and foreign exchange exposures.
- Prepares/manages all budgeting requirements for financial year end accounts including the approval of budgets and advice to internal customers on defined processes; reviews entity annual plans re budgeting and financial measures.
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and monitoring the implementation of guidelines for cost control and expense management.
- Supervises and reviews payroll process in order to ensure correct and timely payment of employees.
- Approves and conducts Due Diligence when entering into sales agreements in excess of authorized credit limits.
- Authorizes and ensures payments for general office requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountancy Qualification is a mandatory
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in a similar role, preferably in an international environment
- Membership of relevant professional association
Salary and Benefits
Up to 50,000SAR per month plus Education