25th January 2019
Finance & Accounting
My client is a global US business looking to recruit a Financial Controller for their Saudi operation. This role is exclusive to Robert Half.
Reporting directly to the General Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of financial accounting and reporting for the regional entity. You will provide complete, accurate and timely information to support management decision-making and maximize the company's profitability. You will also be responsible for Compliance, including Internal Controls implementations, SOX compliance reporting and financial & administrative policies and procedures for the local business.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meeting the requirements of joint venture and ensure internal management reporting needs are met through periodical reporting process.
- Ensure that all business risks are being properly identified, addressed and reported to protect company's assets.
- Ensuring that adequate systems of internal control and suitable monitoring procedures are in place to underpin the integrity of the reported financials. This should be compliant with local as well as US GAAP, SOX, Tax and Corporate accounting policy guidelines. Develop controls to mitigate gaps (eg obsolescence reports, asset impairment review processes, work instruction development etc).
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure across SAP. Ensure all controls are appropriate and all processes are documented.
- Local statutory reporting, local reporting into Corporate through HFM and co-ordination with external auditors and other parties to maintain compliant and timely reporting ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Delivering a timely and accurate monthly close, in accordance with US and local statutory GAAP through both SAP locally and bridging across to HFM.
- Providing financial support and leadership to all cross-functional teams in Saudi Arabia to establish goals, plans and policies.
- Co-ordinating with the local team, emphasising a professional and disciplined approach to process and providing training as required to the cross-functional peer group. Establish pro-active business process controls.
- Analysing and working to develop more efficient processes, maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Providing and pro-actively using, for performance management, a set of periodic Management accounts and KPI's that meet the requirements of the Saudi Arabia operations and allows both the Commercial and the European Management Teams to monitor cost control, business performance against business plans and any further forecasting.
- Supporting the overall budgeting process within the Saudi Arabia operations and leading the business planning process to ensure accurate and timely information that is properly analysed and properly owned by each responsible P&L/ cost centre Manager locally. Support the creation of an accurate operations sales budget by market, technology and period for those appropriate legal entities, accurate cost of sales planning, expense budgets, capital investment, SG&A planning and highlight saving opportunities. Take ownership of the HFM submission process.
- Interpreting financial operating results and lead the local organisation to drive action to ensure cost containment and drive profit.
- Operate as an advisor, from a financial and contractual perspective, on any contracts into which the cross functional team may enter across the organisation.
- Ensuring appropriate funding for the business and cash flow forecasting.
- Performing other duties or participating on special projects as assigned by management or other business partners
- Degree Educated (Finance or Accounting)
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CPA, CMA)
- Min 10 Years of experience preferably with 5 years in a joint venture.
- Strong accounting ability; financial reporting, budgeting, P&L management
- Experience in shared services environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills and systems knowledge covering SAP and Hyperion.
- Candidate should be well versed in Arabic, both verbal and written.
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700