Working Capital Controller
Location : Riyadh
Post Date : 22 March 2017
Robert Half are working with a leading international legal practice with a global presence.
This role is responsible for working with Partners on all financial aspects of client-matter lifecycle and taking ownership of managing & controlling the office's working capital. Ensure that both partners & clients receive accurate and timely financial information.
- Partners and senior support staff as well as & fee earning staff across the office
- Middle East finance Team
- Group Finance Team & Colleagues in other offices in the firm's network
Role and responsibilities
Client financial lifecycle
- Responsible for all aspects of client billing and Debt Collection.
- Involvement in the Client and Matter Inception work flow process, with oversight of completion.
- Liaising with the lead relationship partners to ensure that rate agreements are reviewed in a timely manner offering assistance and information which may assist in client rate negotiations.
- Managing rates and working with partners to ensure the matters are set up correctly and the client finance related requirements are fully understood by reviewing the client contracts
- Understanding of local and global client rate agreements, working with peers in other offices on global / regional client rate negotiations
- Regular meetings with partners to review the working capital on their current matters.
- Comprehensive follow-up of action items, such as time transfer, time write off, dispatch of billing guides, disbursements, queries etc.
- Preparation & processing of bills, ensuring time & disbursements are accurately charged and allocated and the correct taxes are recorded on the bill.
- Preparation of monthly billing forecast and profile accurate estimates for all matters & rigorous follow-up procedures.
- Providing detailed financial information in support of bills, i.e. hourly schedules, disbursements and narrative breakdowns.
- Preparation of client detailed billing schedules as requested.
- Dealing with enquiries from clients, partners and fee earners relating to financial aspects of client matters.
- Where required, keep partners and clients advised on a weekly basis of how fees are being accrued/debts.
- Provide training to Legal PAs for bill & time narrative completion and support them going forward.
- Liaise with Revenue Controllers across the network on cross unit matters and billing matters
- Responsible for the Credit Control processes -liaising with Partners and Clients to ensure timely collections. Logging of all credit control activities & reporting to partners.
- Deal with day-to-day queries from the Partners and other Support Teams across the company network.
- Monitor and implement appropriate internal controls.
- Responsibility for e-billing clients where required.
- Deal with tax issues relating to working capital which will be cross border.
- Management of bad debt provisions to minimise impact on the P&L.
- Participate in pricing discussions and provide profitability modeling to partners.
- Assist in the generation and analytical review of business trends, profitability analysis and other key working capital performance indicators.
- Communicate effectively with the Partners and provide useful management information together with the ability to work with them to improve working capital and drive the business forward.
- As an affiliate of the finance team, to contribute and be part of the network.
- Work with other functions (i.e. Business Development/Marketing/HR) in respect of client reporting, monitoring, strategy, and developments.
- Lead and involvement in ad hoc projects.
- The ideal candidate will have strong commercial skills and may be a qualified finance professional looking for a commercial role within a professional services environment
- Worked within the legal profession as a Revenue/Billing/Commercial Controller. If not, then experience in the professional services industry preferred - minimum of 3 years.
- Ability to operate under pressure, to multi-task and prioritise.
- Experience within a multi-currency environment within an International organisation an advantage.
- Excellent communicator, with the skill to work with senior people and share advice.
- Experience building and maintaining strong internal client relationships.
- Strong team-player who is also self-motivated.
- Enthusiastic, pro-active, persistent & robust person with a commitment to 'getting the job done'.
- Aptitude for systems generally, willingness to follow process and learn new systems.
- Excellent office skills required.
- High level of proficiency in English and Arabic is a pre-requisite.
- 25,000 SAR per month all in
- Plus bonus, medical insurance and flights
Gate Village 1, Level 1