Service Delivery Director
19th August 2018
My client is a rapidly progressing company based in Doha, who endeavour to become the leading Managed IT Services & Solutions provider in the Middle East and North Africa. Having invested heavily in all aspects of the business, the company has established a centralised Command & Control Centre that monitors and optimises all services for clients. This investment has allowed the company to boast of having the first commercial Security Operations Centre (SOC) in Qatar and continue to be at the forefront of MSP services in the entire region.
The Director, Service Delivery is primarily responsible for the delivery team resources within ITS. Responsible for the delivery teams containing Managers, team leaders, engineers & analysts with the following skills:
- Networks & Security (including Cisco optical networks)
- SAN Storage (currently based on HP storage)
- Virtual Servers (VMWare)
- Linux / Unix
This is a key management role and the Director will spend a significant amount of time interfacing with people in the business at all levels, plus working closely with our customers and vendors/partners. The Director will be responsible for overseeing the complex processes that are required to deliver Managed IT Services for many diverse customer solutions
The Director, Service Delivery has responsibility for the build of our Service Delivery platforms, plus day-to-day management of the infrastructure that is in use by multiple customers
In addition to delivering day-to-day service, the Director, Service Delivery will offer strategic advisory services to our customers and actively work to develop customer relationships
The role is to provide a utility computing service based on virtualized infrastructure (virtual network, virtual servers, and virtual storage) to the rest of the business. The ultimate goal is to provide Cloud Infrastructure capability both internally and externally.
- University degree in computer science or related field or significant relevant experience and qualifications
- 10+ years in IT services or related organisation
- 5+ years management experience leading technical teams
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role providing a broad range of Managed services. It is expected the successful candidate will have a strong background in LAN / WAN networks, EMS, Virtualization in his earlier career.
- Recognized as a leader able to inspire others through conviction, vision and articulation of strategic direction
- Experience taking major role in crisis situation following a major incident / outage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Specific focus on communication externally with customers and internally with the client's people
- Understanding of technology and process frameworks including ITIL, CMMI, TIA-942, Zachman and The Uptime Institute
- Experience working in a Managed Service environment highly desirable.
My Client is able to offer above market salary packages, relocation benefits, outstanding medical and annual leave benefits. More importantly you will work with industry leading colleagues in an engaging and collaborative environment. This is an immediate requirement and applications are expected to be high, send in your CV for a confidential conversation about the role and company.
Above Market (Tax Free) + Relocation + Housing + Medical + Flights
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700