Head of Risk - Doha
12th September 2018
A prominent institutional investor in Qatar are looking for an experiment Risk Manager to join their team, managing risk for direct investments, private equity, and alternative investments. The successful candidate is likely to have a background working for a world class financial institution in a leading financial centre, with experience in portfolio, investment, operational, and market risk. Buyside risk management experience for direct investments or private equity is essential.
Relocation support will be provided to candidates outside of the region.
- Create a greenfield risk function for the organisation, establishing best in class risk frameworks, encompassing portfolio risk, investment, liquidity, credit, and operational risks.
- Work closely with the CEO and audit committee in establishing risk frameworks and policies
- Work with investments team in order to integrate and align risk with financial objectives
- Identify, monitor, report, and evaluate on risks
- Promote a sound culture of risk and compliance
- Make recommendations to audit committee and CEO for risk mitigation
- Escalate, present, and work to resolve key risks
- Work with multiple stakeholders as in house risk expert
- 10 years' experience in risk, preferably within buyside, private equity, alternative investments, or direct investments
- Experience within world leading financial institutions or institutional investors
- Broad knowledge of risks faced within alternative investment, including portfolio risk, investment, liquidity, credit, and operational risks
- In depth understanding and hands on experience of both traditional and alternative asset classes including equities, fixed income, private equity, hedge funds, commodities, real-estate
- Experience reporting to, presenting to, and partnering with senior stakeholders including CEO, CIO, COO, Audit Committee, Heads of Departments, etc
- Proven track record in risk identification, mitigation, and able to build risk frameworks from scratch
- Strong quantitative risk management and modelling skills for market risk
- Able to influence, work alongside, and manage change with senior stakeholders
Salary and Benefits
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700