Head of Finance
Post Date : 09 March 2017
Robert Half are working exclusively with a leading Manufacturing business based in Qatar.
You will be responsible for the organisation and optimisation of Finance functions, roles and processes on subsidiary level - within the operational and organisational framework defined by Group Finance. Providing business partner sparring to MD on eye-level: challenging planning and reporting, questioning developments, suggesting operational and strategic improvements, developing answers together with MD, involvement in entrepreneurial decisions (i.e. pricing, investments, and contracts) Managing the subsidiary's capital efficiency and deriving measures in cooperation with MD. Ensuring and developing a subsidiary's Finance function that is close to the business and adds value to the business. Close cooperation with Market Unit Head of Finance, Group Finance and other Head(s) of Finance within Market Unit and Group on driving global and local Finance initiatives.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Timely and correct accounting according to local legislation and standards as well as Group standards incl. month-end and year-end process.
- Controlling: reporting, planning, forecasting, deviation and scenario analysis (i.e. challenging the business and developing answers) together with MD.
- Credit Management / Accounts Receivables as defined in global and local Credit Policies
- Taxation: sufficient focus on local taxation and tax management; additionally tax optimisation within group framework and supported by group-wide tax management.
- Operational finance, accompanying the whole OTC process, i.e. ensuring a well-functioning interface between operations and finance, e.g. contract clarity, invoicing procedures, IT system interfaces (sales, operations, accounting) etc.
- Treasury and liquidity management within group framework (i.e. central financing and FX management)
- Accounts Payables
- IT, HR: responsibility depends on the size of the subsidiary
- Together with local MD joint responsibility for compliance of the subsidiary with Group Directives and national regulation and for correctness of annual statements and tax declarations
- University degree in Business Administration/ Finance
- Strong analytical skills and a structured way of working
- Profound experience and broad understanding of corporate finance
- Knowledge about the local construction market is advantageous
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and preferably experience with SAP FI/CO / SAP Business
- Diligent, reliable and open-minded with strong communication skills
- Team leadership skills and team-building ability
50,000aed per month DOE
Gate Village 1, Level 1