Business Audit and Risk Manager
Post Date : 11 July 2017
Robert Half is working exclusively with an international organisation based in Qatar. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leader in their field.
The Business Audit and Risk Manager provides assurance to the Audit & Risk Committee and executive management on the adequacy of internal controls through the execution of risk based audits; facilitates the enterprise risk management process adopted across the Group; and provides consulting activity designed to add value and improve the operations. The Manager will deputize for the Director as and where required.
- Develops and implements the Business Audit strategy and annual plan by reviewing the past 3 years internal audit plans, any external emerging risks factors, the results of risk assessment activities, opportunities for efficiencies and other areas as per management request, in order to continuously assess risk and ensure alignment with the Director of Audit & Risk.
- Executes a comprehensive program of internal audits to confirm that a system of governance, risk management and internal control exists across the Group in order to meet policies, procedures and standards. Leads the discussions with senior management auditees (Directors and above) to attain agreement on audit recommendations and the associated audit reports.
- Manages the quarterly risk assessment process for Departments by liaising and brainstorming with Chiefs and Directors, and providing relevant information to them to ensure senior management is cognizant of the exposed risks and required actions to promptly mitigate those. Supports the Director of Audit and Risk in driving an organisational shift to a more risk-aware corporate culture.
- Provides the Director of Audit & Risk with regular, concise Management Information (MI) reporting for use as the basis of onward reporting to the Audit and Risk Committee, and for the EXCO to ensure that issues are followed up for timely resolution and highlight the status of significant audit findings and recommendations.
- Conducts special consulting/ advisory/ investigation assignment work and for major projects if requested by management in order to ensure the Group is working properly and following best practices.
- Assists the Audit & Risk Director in the Strategic Fit Selection Process by collating individual Committee member evaluation scores on applications of companies and populates the scores in the overall Combined Selection Matrix tool in order to assure selection score is accurate and independent reviewed.
- Consults with Chiefs and Directors to understand their business strategy and provides input on their strategy and practices in order to ensure alignment, consistency and standards are being followed.
- Conduct training and refresher sessions to staff on audit and risk management related subjects.
Participates in developing the Audit and Risk Division operational plans, and executes them in line with the Audit and Risk Division strategy.
- Provides input to enhance the Audit and Risk Section's policies and procedures, and follows relevant processes, standard procedures, and instructions to ensure that work is carried out in a consistent and effective manner.
- Collaborates with others and demonstrates a customer centric behaviour with clients and colleagues.
PROCESS AND REPORT MANAGEMENT
Generates relevant reports ensuring they are completed in a timely and accurate manner, and meets the Division requirements, policies, and standards.
- Mandatory Requirement: Chartered Accountant qualification (CA, ACA, ACCA or CPA). CIA audit certificate is a plus.
- Between 7 and 10+ years of relevant business audit (and ideally risk management/ consulting) experience.
- International experience and/or big 4 experience.
- Extensive experience of auditing procurement, finance, contract/ project management, marketing and other operational processes (note: experience of a licensing process is highly desirable).
- Exposure to GREs, non-profit, or small-medium enterprises is preferred.
- Experience of preparing audit committee packs and on occasion has presented at audit committee meetings.
- Experience of delivering training and awareness sessions to auditee stakeholders.
- Ability to influence/ lead discussions with senior management stakeholders unaided.
- Deep understanding of the annual audit cycle/ process.
- Able to execute an audit assignment from planning to completion (no subordinate to delegate to), with very strong attention to detail.
- Expert knowledge of typical business process risks in a small-medium enterprise or GRE.
- Self-directed, able to manage multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure.
- Team-oriented (working with internal stakeholders and/ or consultants where necessary), but also comfortable working autonomously and managing assignments end-to-end.
- Excellent analytical and highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Articulate, with fluent verbal and written English communication skills. Arabic is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
Gate Village 1, Level 1