Head of Legal
AED600,000.00 - AED600,000.00 / annum
27th November 2018
We are open to applications from senior Legal Professionals who are looking to "step up" into a Head of Legal position, including individuals looking for their first commercial role out of practice.
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff and resources in the Legal department.
- Review and provide advice the legal and regulatory environment, transactions, day-to-day operations and documentation (including tender documents and customer and vendor contracts).
- Liaise with relevant departments in the business (locally and at Group level) to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Advise management on legal implications and implementation of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Highlight and advise on legal/ regulatory risks on all strategic decisions.
- Safeguard and protect Company's interests in all transactions and make recommendations to minimize exposure to risks.
- Render legal advice on laws and regulation including but not limited to Telecom laws, Company laws, Property laws and Labour laws etc.
- Assist all departments on interpretation and implementation of contracts and applicable regulation.
- Work closely with team to resolve any issues which they may have with landlords and authorities.
- Supporting Heads of Departments and risk analysts in carrying out due diligence.
- Building and maintaining relationships with relevant parties (vendors, law firms/external counsel(s), housing authorities, landowners/landlords etc.).
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700