Chief Financial Officer
20th June 2019
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half are currently working on a CFO mandate in Kuwait with our client in the F&B industry. They currently have 20+ outlets in the GCC region with vast expansion plans within the next few years.
- Accountable for the entire Finance function with a view to providing optimal service to the respective trading entities of the organization. The incumbent will also be involved in defining the Business Strategy, including the expansion and acquisition of new ventures across its portfolio.
- The individual will be entrusted to work closely with the CEO and the Executive Management Team to provide financial leadership advice on creating, developing and managing the Financial and Accounting policies (SOP's) whilst embedding a culture of compliance, accountability and quality controls.
- As a strategic advisor, the Chief Financial Officer will lead the development of the financial operations to deliver time critical and accurate financial information.
- Responsible for the development of cross-functional working relationships with all Senior Management, external partners and stakeholders to drive and deliver the Business vision.
The successful candidate must have:
- Professional qualification (CA/CPA/ACCA or similar)
- F&B experience is preferred, otherwise hospitality/retail
- Arabic speaker is a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting
- Co-ordinate, manage and provide fiscal management advice; review and analyze the formulation and compilation of the financial budget
- Ensure that financial strategies and objectives are reflected in the Business Plan
- Forecast Business performance and alert the Business on current and future performance
- Deliver timely financial management, statutory and Board reports
- Define the budget through the appropriate approvals process and act as custodian for maintenance of its accuracy and integrity
- Prepare the Business forecast at appropriately defined intervals to enable effective strategic and tactical decisions to be taken
- Responsible for the approval of all statutory and monthly financial results
Manage Group Corporate Strategies, Tax Planning and Shareholder Imperatives
- Investigate, advise, recommend, develop and manage strategies in accordance with the Group Board mission, goals and objectives
- Advise on Group financial strategy, policy and long-term business and financial planning
- Set and implement approved Policies and goals for the organization
- Recommend changes in strategy in accordance with the needs of the business and statutory requirements
Ensure Financial Operations Management, Process Improvement and Focused Finance
- Develop, manage, focus and drive the integration of people, processes and technology in order to support, sustain and strengthen the Business through its growth phase
- Develop focused financial strategies, policies, procedures, controls and systems to provide the strategic edge that will help deliver the commercial success of the Business
- Lead, direct, shape and set the current and future operational direction of the Finance Division
- Set and implement the future direction of focused Finance systems development
- Set and implement processes and procedures that are primarily focused on the best interests of the business and according to best practice
Develop Cash Flow and Debt Management
- Develop and implement strategies to monitor cashflow, foreign exchange and debt requirements
- Responsible for providing ongoing projected cash flow requirements to enable the management of debt, foreign exchange and dividend requirements
- Advise the Board of ongoing funding requirements
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience including at least 2+ years as a CFO or equivalent
- A successful leader with a proven track-record of financial management within a complex, multi-layered, challenging, culturally-diverse and fast-paced environment
- An independent-thinker who can challenge when necessary and bring a fresh approach to an established infrastructure
- Must be able to demonstrate a high-level of integrity in their approach
- Proven experience as a CFO (or equivalent) within the F&B industry, overseeing multi-store and multi-brand operations across the GCC with a multi-million-dollar turnover
- Commercially astute, with expert knowledge of best practice within a progressive organization, with the ability to offer innovative solutions to gain a competitive edge
- A strategic, out-of-the-box thinker who has the ability to see the "bigger-picture" as well as understand the granular detail, whilst constantly seeking innovative ways to maximize ROI
- Must possess excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to interact and influence with external parties as well as across all levels of the organisation
- Intellectual strength in planning, strategy, analysis and problem solving.
- IT literate with experience of market-leading finance software platforms and systems
- Fluency in English, Arabic is a big plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance as a minimum requirement
- Must have a professional qualification (Chartered Accountant, CPA, ACCA or similar).
- MBA qualified in Accounting, Finance or Business-related discipline
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700