VAT Compliance Senior Analyst
AED264000 - 264000 / annum
Finance & Accounting
In this role you will serve as a VAT compliance senior analyst and you will report to the VAT group manager. You will be responsible for preparation and submission of VAT returns, reconcile and manage VAT accounts and assist the operational business units with VAT and Customs queries. You will be able to research and interpret VAT changes in the legislation and determine how it impacts the business.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns to Federal Tax Authority on a monthly/ quarterly basis;
- Perform various postings to the General Ledger, including irrecoverable VAT expense, and reconcile VAT accounts;
- Ensure timely and accurate regulatory filing, tax accounting/reconciliation, payment of tax, etc.
- Act as business advisor in cooperation with the wider tax team members as part of the VAT compliance team;
- Conduct a continuous VAT and Customs risks and opportunities assessment;
- Assist with the support, monitoring and improvement of the VAT Compliance & Reporting cycle in the UAE;
- Assist with VAT and Customs queries from the operational business units;
- Develop & Implement VAT principles, policies and processes to ensure completion and compilation of tax returns across the business;
- Ensure the organization is up-to-date on amendments in tax legislations;
- Assisting with VAT audits and routine queries from Tax authorities;
- Participate in ad-hoc tax-driven business initiatives.
- Bachelor in business administration, economics, finance, accounting or any other relating field;
- Advanced degree or professional certification a plus. Equivalent experience may substitute for some portion of the education requirements.
- Minimum 4-5 years of VAT experience with a focus on the European Union including in-depth knowledge of the VAT Directive and national VAT legislation of Member States;
- Experience with Value Added Tax/GST in countries outside of the European Union is a plus;
- In house experience is required and big4 is nice to have;
- Good communication (oral, written, presentation and facilitation) skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects with individuals from various areas of the company;
- Excellent Excel skills.
Salary - 22000AED per month
Medical, Flights, Insurance, Bonus