Treasury Manager - FMCG
May 9, 2018
Finance & Accounting
To manage a team of qualified treasury professionals, ensuring that appropriate price and operational risk imperatives are maintained to the highest international standards. Ensuring that the Treasury is centre of excellence and working closely with local management teams, partner banking relationships, and having an intimate understanding of local needs and issues.
- Management of the front office and back office treasury analysts:
- Ensuring all staff members are fully familiar with all systems and operational procedures.
- Key internal relationships: Ensure these are maintained through constant contact, scheduled exposure meetings or conference calls, and visits if necessary.
- Key external relationships: Strong relationships with all banks and financial institutions, regulatory bodies (such as the Exchange Control Dept) across all geographies where present
- A working understanding of the accounting standards as they relate to foreign exchange transactions, including liaison with group and the finance departments of each country's operations;
- Ensuring all reporting requirements, whether internal (TC), at a business unit level, are met on time and in accordance with requirements from customers.
- Ensuring all front-office staff perform both their dealing and relationship functions according to a prescribed set of standards. Ensuring that all systems-related issues that may affect the performance of the front office and back office are dealt with in the most efficient and time-effective manner
- Ensuring all management reporting, hedging recommendations and other key outputs are performed on time, to specified quality requirements.
- Supporting any market risk-related ad hoc requests from TC customers as they arise.
- Ensuring succession planning to enable the TC to continue operations should key staff leave.
- Ensure appropriate ISDA documentation is in place for business units.
- Liaison with Group procurement on commodity hedging initiatives.
- Ensuring that the short-term liquidity requirements of group companies are met
- Managing and developing relationships with local banks from a short-term liquidity and funding perspective and supporting local finance teams in relation to funding requirements.
- Delivery and maintenance of committed and uncommitted bank facilities appropriate to meet the short term and medium-term needs of the group companies
- Identification and implementation of new cost effective and efficient working capital funding initiatives
- Establish or renew overdraft facilities
- Establish or renew intercompany facilities
- Manage banking relationships for Treasury Centre
- It is imperative that sound relationships exist with all banks across all product ranges, whether it is treasury, general banking or other related product areas.
- Support initiatives to reduce bank charges through innovation and introduction of new products. This is to be achieved directly by attending formal presentations/seminars presented by banks, or informally through specific meetings with providers
- Constantly engage with banks to remain up-to-date with new hedging products across all product groups (both currency and commodity), and cash management structures to suitably support all businesses in achieving cost-effective price protection.
- Support line management in any ad-hoc banking requirements
- Project manage the streamlining of bank accounts to ensure that all static data across TMS and SAP is maintained and synchronized.
- Managing and developing relationships with local banks from a short term liquidity and dealing perspective, and supporting local finance teams with operational issues as required.
- Prepare annual report on bank relationships
- Oversight and preparation of treasury reporting
- Review and challenge all Treasury and HFM submissions from around the group
- Prepare treasury reporting including:
- cash by group; cash by counterparty
- counterparty limits; debt by country
- credit metrics; interest rate position
- compliance with group policy
- exception reports; covenant compliance
- Prepare reports for Treasury Committee including detailed commentary of positions and variances
- Modelling debt, interest charges and utilization of banking facilities for the purposes of periodic forecasts, budgets and business plans and to aid the sizing of new debt raising activities
- Oversight of opening and closure of bank account and mandates
- Exceptional delivery of operational procedures around cash management and foreign exchange management
- Experience of treasury management systems
- Project management skills
- Working knowledge of various exchange control environments across the region
- Ability to work independently and accept ownership of responsibilities
- University graduate or equivalent
- Treasury qualification such as AMCT or MCT desirable;
Salary and Benefits
40k AED per month (Inclusive or basic, housing, transport, flights)