Location : Dubai
Post Date : 18 April 2017
Value Added Tax (VAT) will be introduced in the GCC with effect from 1 January 2018. This position is to manage the implementation of all VAT requirements in accordance with the VAT framework and to put in place the required processes, controls and reporting to ensure compliance to the tax legislation.
- Manage and build out the tax department for services related to VAT and tax compliance, audits and tax accounting assignments and advisory.
- Maximize efficiencies in working and reporting systems to reduce the VAT/Duty liabilities where possible within the legislative framework.
- Run seminars, training programs for internal stakeholders on VAT, FATCA and CRS as required.
- Identify opportunities for VAT optimization.
- Provide support in order to minimise tax risks associated with international business operations and dealings.
- Audit internal controls for accuracy of tax compliance.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an accounting and tax function of a large corporate with at least 5 years in an advisory tax role with specific focus on VAT.
- Hands On VAT Implementation Experience Preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of VAT regulations
- Proficient knowledge of Telecommunications industry;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong interpretation and presentation capabilities;
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills;
- Proven project management capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance or other business related field
- Professional qualification (Chartered Tax Advisor, Chartered accountant, CPA)
Salary & Benefits
- 50k AED (Inclusive of Basic/Housing/Transport) + Medical/Insurance/Bonus
Gate Village 1, Level 1