Smart Cities & IoT Project Manager
Dubai government entity seeks an experienced Project Manager that has a strong experience in managing projects related to Smart Cities concepts, IOT & Enterprise Architecture, as well as an ability to effectively manage projects, timelines, budgets and resources.
The ideal candidate has extensive industry experience and is comfortable in managing large complex projects in a cross-functional team environment that is global in reach. In this role, you will be focusing on managing Smart City initiatives and projects of varying sizes:
- Ensure that all contract deliverables are successfully managed, executed, monitored, and controlled to achieved highest customer success and satisfaction
- Use a sound Project Management methodology based on known best practices like PMI.
- Manage within the confines of the Contract or Statement of Work (SOW) and minimize requirements creep.
- Create and maintain a Deliverables Plan to include documenting customer value over time.
- Ensure that Partner subcontracts are tightly managed and controlled.
- Support and participate in Joint Business Reviews
- Develop constructive working relationship with the Project Sponsor, vendors and all other key stakeholders.
- Communicate and interact with the Project Sponsor, vendors and partners on a regular basis.
- Cost Control: Manage costs within the approved budgeted cost baseline.
- Be able to provide management with a contract performance snap-shot on a regular basis.
- Coordinate the interaction of internal, partner, and company resources toward the completion of key Smart City initiatives.
- Communicate all known major risks, issues and concerns as early as possible.
The Project Manager will typically be involved with all phase of the project lifecycle, which are defined as:
- Define and Validate Project Scope (e.g. clarify project request, conduct needs analysis; identify project priorities)
- Create Project Plan and Schedule (e.g. estimate work required; validate and translate into tasks and duration)
- Select and Apply Standards (e.g. define delivery process, roles & responsibilities, and operational norms; ensure team compliance)- Assess Risk (e.g. identify risks and create mitigation plans)
- Define and Track Metrics (e.g. identify measures for success)
- Manage all aspects of the project delivery life cycle from inception to closeout.
- Manage Scope (e.g. analyze impacts to project, clarify dependencies, constraints, assumptions; evaluate and administer scope change requests)
- Manage Project Costs and Tracking (e.g. estimate / forecast project funding; request budget and make reallocation decisions as needed; ensure project is within budget)
- Manage Stakeholder Relationships
- Manage Information (e.g. develop and execute communication plan related to project)
- Manage risk and change within the project life cycle.
- Regular, effective status updates - written and verbal
- Change/impact communications to stakeholders and clients as needed - written and verbal
- Meeting facilitation
Preferred Technical Knowledge & Experience:
- Familiar with smart cities or smart connected communities concepts
- Familiar with general enterprise architecture methods like TOGAF , Zachman
- Familiar with IoT related projects including IoT data transport, data delivery and data aggregation
- Familiar with IoT security concepts and management
- Familiar with reference architectures for smart cities and IoT
- Standard Project Management Applications like MS Project
- Standard Microsoft Applications (Excel, PowerPoint etc…)
- Senior Stakeholder and vendor facing: business networking, client management, consulting and partnering, influence, partner and vendor relationships
- Strong Communication: facilitation, negotiation, presentation and demonstration
- Strong sense of urgency and understanding priorities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and customer service skills coupled with reliability, flexibility and desire to work closely with the user community and other global Service members
- Strong team building skills are essential.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years IT Project Manager Role experience required.
- Minimum College/Undergraduate degree (e.g. B.S/B.A) or equivalent.
- PMP certification is a plus
- TOGAF certification is a plus