Senior Legal Counsel
Post Date : 14 February 2017
Robert Half International has partnered with a leading international FMCG company that is looking to expand its already established operations in the region, and are therefore looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to assume the de facto Head of Legal mantle for the MENA operations.
- The role will report to the Regional General Counsel that is situated in their European HQ, and will play a huge part in defining the growth strategy for the MENA region, which includes sitting with Leadership team in Dubai.
- They are looking for a competent and accomplished mid-level lawyer that can come in and manage the current legal scope in the region whilst being able to grow into the role as their operations broaden, and eventually assume control of their MENA business unit.
- In this role you will act as the legal counsel for the MENA region and support the MENA management team on a regional basis and each country's management primarily KSA on all commercial legal matters.
- Internally in the Legal function, you will be responsible in providing input to business plans, develop legal strategies and have high ability to execute them.
- With a dotted line to the MENA management, you will draft and advise on a variety of legal matters within the area of corporate commercial such as distribution and supply agreements, contract manufacturing, lease agreements and the like.
- The position will demand an understanding for joint ventures and corporate matters and ability to support the regional joint ventures and subsidiaries in company related matters like addendums, licenses, board meeting minutes, authorizations, permits and other business and import related documentations.
- Together with the marketing team and other corporate functions, you will ensure compliance on marketing campaigns and ensure compliance on labelling and regulatory matters regionally.
- You will identify risk areas for development and improvement within legal in the MENA region and together with the rest of Legal on an international scale develop relevant policies, training and compliance material and templates to mitigate such risks and support the overall strategy.
- An understanding of a matrix organisation is crucial hereunder the ability to support and work with other corporate functions such as HR, Regulatory, M&A, and CSR.
- You are a certified lawyer with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant working experience preferably from top law firms preferably combined with an experience as an in-house Legal counsel in multinational or larger company.
- The position has both an operational and strategic exposure so the ability to understand, communicate and explain complex legal issues across countries, cultures and nationalities are of outmost importance.
- This requires a global and commercial mindset and an ability to work independently, whilst consistently applying a proactive business partner approach towards MENA commercial staff and serve as a trusted advisor for regional management.
- You should be a bright and commercially minded lawyer, dedicated to provide a high level of quality and service in the overall solutions you deliver.
- You have a truly "can do" attitude, very good interpersonal skills and ability to navigate in a matrix organisation.
- Finally, you should be fully proficient in both English and Arabic.
Salary and Benefits
- The package will reflect that of a mid-senior level lawyer in the region.
Please contact Nathan Ford to discuss the role in more detail
Gate Village 1, Level 1