Senior Legal Counsel
AED480000 - 480000 / annum
16th September 2018
A leading exhibitions and events organisation based here in Dubai.
This position is responsible for assisting the General Counsel in providing legal support, services and advice to Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across the company. The role includes representing the Legal Department, wherever required in negotiations of legal terms and conditions, in dealing with external counsel, banks, Dubai Real Estate Regulatory Authority, the Dubai Land Department, the Dubai Real Estate Corporation, and other competent authorities, as appropriate. The core activities of the position involve review of contracts and other binding documentation, advice and action on contentious matters, transactional advice, preparation of contracts and templates.
- To work closely with the General Counsel and the Senior Legal Counsel to ensure best practices in the consistent, good quality and timely delivery of legal services, support and advice to Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across the company.
- To provide advice on the merits of contentious matters and assist in their resolution.
- To provide advice and guidance on legal matters and issues affecting the business or the work of any Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across the company.
- To review contracts received from third parties for supply or provision of goods and services.
- To prepare and draft standard legal templates for repeated used by the Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across the company.
- To conduct legal research and continuously update the Legal Department's expertise.
- To assist the General Counsel in the implementation of the Legal Department Policies and Procedures.
- To build, support and maintain effective working relationships with Business Units, Support Services and the Corporate Functions across the company.
- To provide guidance, development, and training to assigned staff
- Other duties as needed or required and deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law
- 5-7 years' post qualification relevant experience, including demonstrated experience applying the principles of property, civil and commercial, employment law, and tenancy law.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Arabic.
- Admitted to practice in the jurisdiction in which graduated.
Salary and Benefits
AED 40,000 plus family benefits
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700