Senior Legal Counsel
AED420000 - 540000 / annum
3rd September 2018
A global construction manufacturing company based in Dubai.
- Adhere to and support in communicating relevant H&S policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the promotion of H&S culture among Legal team.
- Conduct VFL and report the involvement of the team
- Plays a role in maintaining H&S standards and regulation in the Head Office.
- In charge of the legal, governance and compliance affairs of the business within UAE and Oman.
- Counsel CCEO and senior management with respect to the legal implications of the group's major decisions, strategies and transactions within UAE & Oman organization.
- Advise CCEO on issues of the UAE & Oman companies' governance, policy implementation and special projects.
- Provide day-to-day advice and counsel to senior management with respect to matters of companies' policy, and Code of Business Conduct.
- Ensure that the assets/ interests of the BUs are protected in an efficient manner and take all relevant actions to settle any claims or law suits raised with third parties
- In charge of governance affairs of the business within the UAE & Oman (i.e. board and shareholders matters) and act as the Board Secretary of LEC.
- Handling all litigations by or against the company in UAE, Oman (in coordination with external counsels if needed) & avoid any new cases to minimize litigation as possible
- Maintain an update filing & tracking system for litigations, contracts & corporate documents to avoid any loss or penalties for the company
- Providing legal advice for all company's departments.
- Conducting seminars and training sessions in regards of all new laws, decree and policies to Company Management and employees (i.e. competition law, contracting and Code of Business Conduct, , etc...) to employees across UAE & Oman.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Anti-Trust Law.
- Draft, review and approve all contracts and agreements between the UAE & Oman companies.
- Advise on compliance with applicable laws and regulations and policies within UAE & Oman.
- Coordinate and supervise all outside legal counsel engaged to represent or to advise companies within UAE & Oman.
- Carry out investigation process on reports or concerns related to potential breaches of applicable laws, the Code of Business Conduct, and other policies and directives.
- Lead the Legal department team by setting individual objectives, formal and informal feedback and appraisal
- Develop and motivate staff
- Develop team work and knowledge sharing
- Provide specific training and coaching as needed
- University degree in Law
- 7-8 years of relevant experience where at least 5 years of them in a managerial level at the matrix organization
- Knowledge of GCC Countries Legislation
- Work experience in corporate and commercial law practice is an advantage
- Excellent command of English and Arabic
Salary and Benefits
35-45K per month plus benefits