Senior IT Business Analyst
Post Date : 17 January 2017
A multinational fashion retailer operating 2000+ stores headquartered in the Middle East is seeking to recruit a team of experienced Senior IT Business Analysts.
- The business currently operates Retail Systems (POS, Merchandising, Stock etc.) and Back Office ERP for Finance and HR.
- They are embarking on a group wide business and technology transformation programme however, beyond the life of the initial programme the BAs will expect to develop into Global Process Owners driving continuous improvement and innovation, returning real and tangible benefit to the business.
- This is a permanent career role for experienced BAs or those from a Management / Functional Consulting / Systems Analyst background with potential to develop further their IT and business leadership and consulting skills.
- These roles have been created as part of an IT transformation initiative to develop world class capability and provide a best in class IT Business Partnering capability. The organisation is seeking to hire 5 BAs covering each of the following domain areas:
- Retail and Store Operations
- Supply Chain
Driving the transformation agenda, the BAs will support the business leadership:
- As an SME in their chosen domain area (Retail, Planning, SCM, Finance and HR)
- To assess and develop target business operating models, best in class process design and adoption
- To leverage technology - product selection through to system design and implementation
- In delivering realised benefits against developed business cases
- Acting as a single point of contact, trusted advisor and change agentCandidate Requirements
- The right candidate can come from a functional or technical background but they do need to demonstrate an understanding and record of having operated as a Business Analyst.
5 key attributes we are looking for in the right BA;
Professional Business Analysis skills
- The candidate will demonstrate a structured and quality approach
- A BA certification is preferred but not necessary, the candidate can also be Qualified by Experience (QBE)
Business Process Definition and Engineering
- Business organisation design
- Business process design, re-engineering and data modelling to structure methods such as lean etc. Note: Business process and not just systems process.
Domain Experience (in addition to retail sector experience)
- Operational/BAU knowledge of the domain
- Strategy and implementing change within that domain
- Ideally exposure to more than one solution
- Ability to assess solutions and fit to business requirements / process
Consulting / Soft Skills and Communication
- Able to present complex issues and engage senior executives
- Able to support senior executives in making difficult decisions
Gate Village 1, Level 1