Regional Credit Manager
AED360000 - 480000 / annum
30th July 2018
Finance & Accounting
Our client is a listed MNC in the manufacturing/engineering industry based in Dubai. They are currently looking for the business critical role of Regional Credit Manager for their MEA operations. The role will have 4 direct reports.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for effective management over the company's debtor balances in order to optimise working capital and to ensure the company minimises credit risk in accordance with company policies and risk management strategy, thereby ensuring the assets of the shareholders are safeguarded.
- Partner in the business and able to provide insightful decision support at all levels enabling more informed business decision making.
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role preferably in a manufacturing/engineering industry.
- Experience within a multinational environment
- Professional Credit Management qualification.
- GCC experience is required.
- Arabic speaking and reading would be an advantage
- Working experience in SAP distinct advantage.
- Ability to limit debtors and drive the implementation of organisational Credit Control policy.
- Strong administrative, analytical, procedural and organisational skills.
- Ability to deal with difficult customers and build relationships at all levels.
- A commercially driven and analytical approach to business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience of analytical tools such as business warehouse etc.
- Capable of motivating and leading a team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Presiding over the credit worthiness of prospective and the existing portfolio of customers in accordance with corporate policies and risk management strategy
- Oversight of the debt collection process and where appropriate the collection of customer debts as they fall due.
- Where debts cannot be collected through normal credit control activities, instigate and control the litigation process.
- Responsible for the monitoring of debt in dispute and the timely resolution of disputed items.
- Calculation of the provision for doubtful debts to ensure the asset is correctly stated in the financial statements.
- Responsible for meeting Group and statutory reporting deadlines
- Input to and the implementation of finance and business strategies to promote sustainable year on year profitability growth.
- Responsible for the optimisation of the working capital in accounts receivable of the business with a view to continuous process improvements.
- Maintain an acceptable level of credit risk management as dictated by the region's credit policy.
- Analyse all credit applications to determine terms of sale, credit limits and risk levels.
- Review customer accounts on a regular basis to ensure continued compliance with the region's credit policy.
- Review annually key customer accounts to re-establish lines of credit and terms of sale.
- Maintain, monitor and pursue all Lien and Bond rights to protect the Client's investment in the region.
Responsibilities for Business Results (expected Added Value, Objectives, KPIs):
- DSO (Days sales outstanding)/ Accounts receivable days, WOC%, Cash flow generation, risk profile of debt.
- KPI measurement based on the outcomes and comments raised by internal and external audits.
Salary & Benefits
- Around 30,000 - 40,000 k (basic, transportation, accommodation) plus regular family benefits (no schooling) completely depending on experience.
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700