AED30,000.00 - AED40,000.00 / month
22nd July 2019
A leading online payments service provider company is in search for a Legal Head.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements including but not limited to Digital Payments/ PPI/ Internet Banking/Credit card/Debit card acceptance agreements, bill presentment agreements, white labelling agreements, vendor/merchant agreements, customer agreements, Application Programme Interface(API) agreements, copyright license agreement, license agreements; memorandum of understanding; lease deeds; nondisclosure agreements and employment related agreements.
- Ability to independently negotiate key business, commercial and legal terms with CXO level professionals, senior in-house counsels and law firm partners across various industries
- Assisting in establishing and implementing contractual processes.
- Assisting in creation of business models and product development ensuring
- Compliance with regulatory framework under digital payments and digital lending spectrum in India.
- Advising and structuring of business products pertinent to aggregation of foreign merchants and facilitating remittances via normal banking channel or OPGSP scheme, in foreign currency.
- Legal advisory to the senior management and the Company Global group.
- Identifying business and financial risks and structuring mitigation mechanisms.
- Liaising and regularly reporting to the Company Global - Legal, litigation and Compliance on key matters and business.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- LLB/LLM or LLB/MBA, Extensive experience of minimum 9 years is required
- Experience in compliance, interpretation and enforcement of Indian law and regulations relating corporate compliance, HR & employment, and drafting and negotiating contracts
- General legal background and experience with issues related to internet payments, digital wallets, clearing and settlement, corporate, currency controls, foreign exchange, litigation and intellectual property
- Experience in the B2B & B2C segment would be a plus.
- An understanding of and ability to develop and implement policies and monitoring programs
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams as well as business unit leaders; Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and ability to foster/manage relationships across multiple departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously in a fast paced and dynamic financial services environment
- Skill in focusing on desired results, clarifying next steps, and ability to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines, address risk and achieve desired results
- Open to travelling within India and abroad.
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700