Post Date : 30 July 2017
In charge of providing legal support to all departments and business lines of the MENA business with emphasis on Corporate Financing, Trade Finance (in particular international trade finance, transaction banking, commodities finance and other similar asset based financing) and Mergers & Acquisitions in Middle-East and North African countries.
- Advising financing and investment banking business teams in respect of pre-contractual documents such as advisory or financing mandates, professional advisor engagement letters, confidentiality agreements, term sheets, letters of intent and commitment letters.
- Assisting in negotiating documentation relevant to Conventional and Islamic financing and equity transactions and highlighting any associated legal risks on such transactions.
- Assisting in standardizing contracts, developing standard agreements and contributing to the approval of new activities and products, complex and cross border transactions (with emphasis on Corporate Financing, Trade Finance and M&A).
- Preparing, reviewing, drafting, and negotiating legal documentation in relation to the Bank's MENA's day-to-day operations and activities.
- Instructing, coordinating, managing and liaising with external legal counsel appointed by MENA in respect of financing and equity transactions.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Head of Legal from time to time, including but not limited to capital markets (including derivatives and debt capital markets) related matters.
- At least 5 to 7 years of post-qualification relevant legal experience, either from private practice or in-house (in a financial institution) with extensive exposure to financing (including acquisition finance). Experience of equity/M&A transactions is desirable.
- Strong background in financing (3 or more years of experience negotiating LMA documentation) with an emphasis on corporate financing (including acquisition finance) and trade finance.
- Strong knowledge of legal aspects/documentation relating to trade finance and guarantees.
- Familiar with the legal aspects of general banking activities.
- Familiar with Islamic banking transactions/documentation.
- Familiar with the laws of the MENA countries.
- Familiar with DIFC laws.
- Familiar with equity and M&A transactions.
- Proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in Arabic.
- Knowledge of French would be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Reliable, precise, well organized and meticulous.
- Ability to quickly and effectively assess and prioritize legal and contractual risk issues.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment and respect tight deadlines.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic and team player.
Gate Village 1, Level 1