Location : Dubai
Post Date : 20 March 2017
Robert Half has partnered with a leading regional investment firm that is looking to expand its already established operations in the region, and are therefore looking for a Legal Counsel to add to their existing team.
The role will report to the Head of Legal and Compliance, and will play a huge part in defining the growth strategy for the MENA region, and internationally. They are looking for a competent and accomplished junior to mid-level lawyer that can come in and manage the current legal scope in the region whilst being able to grow into the role as their operations broaden.
- Assist in analysing all deals/projects/investments in respect to potential risk and local and GCC legal compliance
- To ensure that financial and investment transactions are carried out in accordance to the law of the country in order to protect GII's interest.
- Assist in drafting and reviewing all investment/deal documents and general contract/agreement documents to ensure compliance with laid down polices.
- Assist in company's litigation process and any other business legal needs by reviewing litigation and document and providing appropriate advice.
- To be proactive and assist in identifying issues, legal risks and potential liabilities in order to escalate it to the line manager.
- To assist in safe keeping of all legal documents pertaining to legal transaction and contracts/agreement.
- To assist line manager in the development process of company's policies, procedures and controls at various levels through input of legal advice on relevant aspects referred.
- To assist in developing legal policies, processes and procedures and manage their implementation to ensure all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled
- To assist in preparation of management reports, legal advice documents and case summary for litigation etc.
- To proactively seek to develop own skills, knowledge and competence in order to increase the level of personal contribution/performance
- To carry out any other duties or tasks as required or instructed by the line manager to support the smooth operation of the legal department.
- You are a certified lawyer with a minimum of 2-5 years relevant working experience preferably from top law firms preferably combined with an experience as an in-house Legal counsel.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (both spoken and written), as well as having excellent communication skills, excellent knowledge of UAE/GCC Laws
- Law Degree for a top University (preferably western but not essential)
- Would ideally have some exposure of UK and US jurisdictions due to occasional international investments work
Salary and Benefits
The package will reflect that of a junior to mid-level lawyer in the region.
Gate Village 1, Level 1