Head of IT Architecture
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 31 October 2016
- To provide strategic leadership and technology management by identifying the impact of converging technologies, the emergence of the new business models / partnerships and significant changes in consumer behaviour that will have an impact on, create opportunities, expand or diversify and support the strategic business growth
- To further drive innovation and develop the technology strategy to ensure the competitive positioning of the group.
- To identify, implement, and sustain a global, standard, IT infrastructure through continuous improvement and new technology insertion as required to support strategic business growth.
- Joint responsibility for all Information Technology Capex Spend for the entire Group
- Provide technology vision and leadership for developing and implementing Information Technology initiatives that create and maintain leadership for the group in a constantly changing and intensely competitive marketplace.
- Complex telecoms networks, IT platforms and digital services
- Focus spans both internal and external consumer and business users across the group footprint
- Rapidly changing (regulatory, technological and commercial) environment
- Dealing with the centralisation and organisational shared services structures
- Profitable growth orientation in existing and new markets including a large ecosystems of technology vendors and content partners
- Positioning the group in ever expanding digital environment and enterprise business and leading technology integration for new lines of business.
Strategic Planning and Support
- Provide strategic direction, including process, policies and procedures in the context of the Group Technology Information and Service Delivery systems and strategy and aligned to the overall Group Strategy.
- Researching technology shifts and breakthrough technologies and their impact on the group and its business objectives
- Driving the IT and VAS strategy across the group footprint to achieve the key global strategies around cost optimisations and driving for new revenue stream enablement
- Research and analyse technology trends and assist in the development of the technology strategy and standards to drive business value
- Build future proof blueprints and IT architecture taking into account the evolving telecom landscape
- Ensure Operation and Technology efficiency by driving standardization, shared services and centralizations of identified platforms and technology functions
- Capex and investment governance in the IT and VAS areas through active participation in Capital Steering committees.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the setting up of frameworks and approaches for technical architectures to support business enablement in a highly complex group environment that requires in-depth knowledge of a technical environment and discipline such as platform architecture, enterprise systems, application design, data management, middleware, network and/or security.
- Ensure and govern standardisation to drive technology re-use
- Liaise with strategic vendors and third party content providers to develop and influence long-term roadmaps
- Oversee governance and change management functions in the establishment centralised/shared service organisations
- Ensure business management information needs (business intelligence, data)
- Setting technology CAPEX management in the IT/VAS space to optimise TCO and drive ROI improvements where applicable (including but not limited to licensing optimisations, lease vs buy, CAPEX deferrals and new pricing models)
- Providing input to technology/service frame agreements to ensure alignment with the technology strategy
- Performing OPCO budget assessments
- Enablement of cost effective IT delivery in a shrinking revenue market by enabling innovative solutions
- Drive solutions that improve customer experience and improved overall NPS across the group.
Architectural Development and Product Innovation
- Providing technical direction and expertise for Service Delivery projects across the Group
- Recommend policies, procedures and associated technical implementation standards, methodologies, frameworks and guidelines
- Act as a consultant to the group regarding area of expertise including technical leadership and consultation in the areas of Information Technology and Service delivery
- Recommend measurements principles and KPIs
- Recommending operating models for the operations (in terms of insource/outsource and managed services arrangements)
- 6-8 years at senior management level in an IT environment preferably
- Technical Architecture and solution experience for Mobile Technologies, IT Applications and VAS platforms
- Keen understanding of OSS/BSS systems related to the delivery of services
- Strategic Planning experience
- Telecommunications Industry experience (10 years)
- 8-10 years Integration/Data Architecture experience.
- 8-10 years Application development experience
- Project and programme management experience.
- GSM telco experience.
- Experience in a multi-national Group (preferred).
Salary & Benefits
- AED50K - 60K per month + Education Allowance + Family Benefits
Gate Village 1, Level 1