Head of Compliance
Post Date : 22 June 2017
Head of Compiliance - UAE
Reporting to the Managing Director of Group Compliance, the main responsibilities of this role is to lead, manage and monitor compliance risks related to Financial Crime.
Support the Managing Director of Group Compliance in performing the following:
- Own and manage the creation, adoption and implementation of the financial crime compliance framework which encompasses the related methodologies, processes, policies, structure, tools and controls for the Group ensuring alignment with existing legal requirement, regulations of relevant regulatory authorities and best practices to effectively deliver the Group Strategy and meet the Group's best interest.
- Lead the implementation and on-going monitoring of the Compliance programs to mitigate and effectively manage compliance risk through review of audit/regulatory reports and any organizational or procedural changes.
- Ensure coordination and strong/effective business partnership working with Business and Enablement functions and others in ensuring management is fulfilling its compliance responsibilities avoiding any breach of laws or deviation from norms.
- Alongside the Directors and heads within the financial crime unit, manage and regularly monitor the related compliance incidents identified internally and by external regulators and track the implementation of their corrective actions through effective communication with related parties across the Group, in addition to periodic reporting to the Group legal and Compliance on such matters.
- Ensure that proper advice is provided to business management on legal and compliance matters on how to enhance controls through the creation of effective corrective action plans.
- Manage on-going training and awareness programs as required for business functions on compliance in line with standards and regulations.
- Manage and build strong relationships with relevant regulators and organisational bodies (such as Central Banks, etc…) and liaise with them on relevant matters in compliance and inform the Group Legal & Compliance as applicable on significant observations, comments and findings raised by the respective authorities.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in relation to compliance and legal standards, requirements and regulations applicable to financial crime activities.
- Ensure that proper advising is provided on effective communication, disclosure and transparency of legal and compliance matters for the Group to related parties and authorities.
- Execute other activities as directed by the Managing Director of Group Compliance or by the Senior Managing Director and Group General Counsel
- Leading the Bank's Group Financial Crime Compliance function
- Managing Bank's compliance with standards and regulations
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Law, Business, Economics, Management, Banking or Finance, preferably with post-graduate qualifications in financial crime, compliance, risk management or internal audit.
- At least 15 years of banking experience in Regulation, Compliance, Financial Institutions or Audit. Working experience as a regulator is an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of local and international laws, bank policies and guidelines, and a proven track record of delivery pertaining to financial crime activities.
- Excellent project management skills with strong control.
- Strong and proven interpersonal, people management and leadership skills.
- Ability to generate ideas, think creatively and develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to build strong and effective business relationships quickly.
- Must have excellent English language skills both oral and writing, Arabic or French language skills an advantage.
- Acts with discretion, and integrity such as handling market sensitive information responsibly
Gate Village 1, Level 1