Head of Finance
10th December 2018
Finance & Accounting
A large luxury retail business operating across the GCC
This position is responsible to plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance
- Support the CEO to develop and implement financial and investment strategies in line with company goals and objectives, with an aim to accelerate growth and ensure stability
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-term planning, introduction of new businesses /strategies and regulatory action
- Provide input into key business decisions, such as mergers and acquisitions, expansion and large deals
- Preparing and evaluating potential business models and feasibility for reliable business decision making and identifying the right fit for business growth and expansions
- Periodical reporting materials and management of strategic treasury activities, inclusive of cash flow forecasts, bank partnerships, and fund management.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Develop overall budget in coordination with the CEO and respective Functional Heads for group, enforce its implementation and monitor actual spend against the approved budget
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and CEO in performing their responsibilities and decision making
- Participate in continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation. Thereafter managing budget processes, inclusive of periodic forecasting for the business and ensuring complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting, inclusive of balance sheet controls and financial information interpretation
- Guide the Head of Departments and the other finance functions with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
Financial Operations and Controls
- Responsible for treasury and working capital management and providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Directing all aspects of accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting
- Advising and leading on the optimization of finance systems and has accountability for all taxation of the business
- Analysing company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Finance function
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop innovative teams who can quickly adapt to as well as create new opportunities
- Coach and guide teams to perform to their optimal potential, produce highest standards of output
- Engage in performance evaluation of direct team members and review the indirect span of control to ensure efficiency and consistency in assessing performance
- Promote ongoing training and development and up skill key talent to larger roles.
- Provide a leadership avenue for the teams to be able to escalate their concerns to enable prompt resolution of the same
- Communicate any organizational changes and mitigate risks through effective change management.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years' experience, with at least 5 years' experience as a Head of Finance in a diversified Retail Group or a multinational company
- Experience in the UAE market would be an advantage
- CPA/ CA/ CFA qualification.
Salary & Benefits
- 60,000 AED per month
- Family Medical
- Family Insurance
- Family Air Fare
- Annual Bonus
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700