Head of Finance
AED660000 / annum
8th October 2018
Finance & Accounting
The Head of Finance position is responsible for the overall management of the Company's tax, accounting and controlling functions. The role works independently to ensure these functions are delivered to the Group. The Head of Finance reports directly to the Group's Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and works closely with the CFO to deliver the financial strategy.
The Head of Finance is also responsible for regulatory and compliance reporting of all financial related items, while providing the necessary financial data and tools to support the business units and regional teams to run their units/regions effectively.
Leadership and Staff Development
- Providing direction, leadership and motivation to the Finance department.
- Managing Finance staff goals and performance, ensuring these are aligned with corporate objectives and values, and addressing staff issues as needed.
- Ensuring that the Company's pioneering approach to Explore Green is implemented throughout the Finance department, leading by example.
- Proactively making recommendations to improve current processes and procedures, creating long term efficiencies.
- Reporting & Compliance.
- Reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements, including Annual and Quarterly reports.
- Preparing and presenting the Quarterly and Annual financial statements to the Audit Committee and Board of Directors.
- Ensuring the Company's financial reporting is in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and providing IFRS accounting expert support as required.
- Filing of all financial statements and relevant documents with the necessary authorities, ahead of reporting deadlines.
- Ensuring the statutory audit of the Group's consolidated and individual entity's financial statements, including being the key contact with the Group's primary audit team.
- Business Stakeholder Management
- Preparing internal memos on technical accounting issues and judgments, including advising the CEO, CFO, Audit Committee and Board of Directors on accounting policies, presenting technical accounting issues and advising on developments/changes to accounting rules.
- Providing the Board and Executive Management regular financial updates, analysis and forecasts, including translating numbers into key business advice.
- Ensuring adequate financial visibility and transparency across the Group's offices, including managing the relationship between the finance function and internal stakeholders.
- Analyzing cash flow, cost controls and expenses to guide business leaders.
- Managing the Group's treasury activities, including review of the forex and credit risk exposure and advising on forex and credit risk policies and risk management.
- Ensuring internal controls and risk management across the Group.
- Preparing the Group's annual financial budget, ensuring processes are in place for sufficient budgetary monitoring and review.
- Managing and monitoring actual and forecasted spend against budget for the Finance department.
- Approving Finance and team expenditures, ensuring financial approval matrices are followed.
Supervision of Personnel
- Supervision of the Company's Accounting, Financial Controlling and Tax teams.
- Daily contact with the Finance department, Business Line Managers, the Regional Offices and other internal departments as required. Regular contact with the Audit Committee and, when required, the Board of Directors.
- Commercial Banks, Analysts, Auditors, Financial Services Authority and Rating Agencies.
- A minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related subject, or equivalent.
- Formal Chartered Accounting qualifications, CPA (ACA or equivalent).
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience in, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Experience in auditing and/or compliance.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated people management and leadership skills.
- Experience in delivering presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Detailed knowledge of finance, accounting, budgetary and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Salary & Benefits
- 55000 AED per month (Basic, Housing, Transport)
- + Flights
- + Schooling
- + Bonus
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
Dubai +971 (0) 4 382 6700