Group Financial Controller
Location : Dubai
Post Date : 16 February 2017
Our client is an International Service Provider operating in some of the most challenging countries in the world, serving different sectors such as (not limited to) Mining and Oil & Gas for example. This exciting client is expanding their business, and the Group Financial Controller is a new position created recently. This position reports in to the CFO.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to travel to countries in Africa on a monthly basis (such as Somalia, Central Africa, Kenya, Uganda for example) to maintain an understanding of country-specific operational challenges as well as mentoring the remote staff.
The Group Financial Controller will take ownership of the Group's accounting function and maintain organized and accurate accounting books and records. GFC will support the CFO through generating useful and relevant financial reports and information.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain the Group's Accounts in accordance with IFRS
- Ensure the monthly close process is complete shortly after each month end and annual hard close takes place within 60 days.
- Manage the preparation of all supporting information for the annual audit.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions while minimizing the need for physical filing of documents.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer contracts and the resulting transactions so as to ensure accurate revenue recognition.
- Produce quarterly management accounts and other reports as required for senior management.
- Oversee the integrity of the Group's ERP system through SL/GL reconciliations and general information reviews.
- Review inventory balances regularly and highlight or correct any errors or inconsistencies in system balances.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures in connection with cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that financial information is secure and the risk of misappropriation is minimized.
- Review existing processes to determine the feasibility of creating a shared service centre vs. maintaining significant finance resources in operating countries.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to track project budget variances and provide feedback to project managers and the CEO.
- Continuously review financial, control and management information systems and procedures, implementing improvements across the organisation.
- Communicate with Group banks regularly regarding transaction inquiries, charges, and trade facilities.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer in preparing Group budgets and implementing monthly variance reporting.
- In connection with the CFO, manage the Group's overseas tax liabilities and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain good corporate relations with customers, vendors, banking institutions, auditors, Shareholders, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze financial performance to identify areas where the company could enact cost saving measures or other operational efficiencies.
- Monitor supplier spend and in tandem with the procurement department negotiate better credit terms and discounts.
- Manage the finance team effectively, ensuring that employees work as part of a team, support their colleagues and communicate effectively.
- Work to limit cash on-hand and in-transit at any given time.
- Perform staff reviews of the finance team and manage employees' training/ professional development plans.
- Manage the implementation of ERP functionality in new operating area by coordinating training programs and ensuring necessary resources are in place.
- The Group Controller will be required to travel to operating areas on a monthly basis both to maintain an understanding of the country-specific operational challenges and to mentor remote finance staff
- Sound knowledge in all aspects of organizational accounting functions and project
- Bachelors or Post-Graduate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- CA, CPA, ACA or similar professional accounting designation.
- Exposure to ERP systems pertaining to Finance (Microsoft Dynamics SL preferred)
- 5+ years of progressive financial responsibility with at least 2 years in a management role within a multi-jurisdictional organization.
- Demonstrated experience in managing the preparation of consolidated financial statements.
Salary & Benefits
Between AED 25,000 - AED 35,000 (basic, transportation, accommodation) AED depending on experience.
Gate Village 1, Level 1