24th April 2019
Finance & Accounting
The Fund Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day accounting for the existing and new funds as they come on stream. The Fund Accountant will assist the CFO in control, governance and reporting in order to maximize returns on investment by providing strong financial support for the company's business objectives. The individual will develop & constantly improve on effective controls, handles projects requiring significant quantitative and qualitative analysis including contributing to the Company's annual budget, ensuring accurate, timely and proper recording of all business activities and financial reporting to assist the CFO in major strategic issues. The Fund Accountant will assist the CFO in ensuring proper utilisation of the Company's resources, safeguarding of assets and achieving of Company's objectives.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare timely and accurate Net Assets Values, yields, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review.
- Record accurately, and in accordance with the policies and procedures, such accounting records as securities positions, corporate actions related, and journal entries.
- Identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and prices, communicating same to management, and assisting in their resolution.
- Assist, as assigned, in preparing audit schedules, compliance reports, tax returns, financial statements, or other reports.
- Write reports periodically to management on Fund activities and other related issues.
- Research, as assigned, certain securities in Fund portfolios for the purpose of ensuring proper accounting treatment (such as the nature of distributions, original issue discounts, and international valuations) and compliance with, tax and prospectus restrictions and limitations.
- Institutional fund accounting processes also include preparing, reconciling and distributing reports to/from marketing, separate custodians and investment management.
- Contribute to the ongoing organizational change initiatives, BPO and Enterprise architecture to deliver forward looking best in class services.
- Fund & Investment management experience
- Ensuring the commercial / contractual interests of the Company is protected at all times.
- Working with the CFO & CIO to ensure all deadlines by the Banks are met or relationships are maintained for secure funding.
- Developing relationship with outsourced service provider, identifying any BPR opportunities.
Open - Dependent on Experience
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700