Location : Dubai
Post Date : 30 March 2017
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
- The Financial Controller will oversee the accounting, compliance, and regulatory reporting elements of Finance to ensure that all financial accounting reports are prepared timely and accurately in accordance with company policies and guidelines and international standards.
- Manages month end and year-end closing process and reporting to ensure conformity with group standards.
- Ensure that accurate corporate and statutory books are maintained.
- Oversees the preparation of the financial statements for the company and wider group companies.
- Manages the financial statement consolidation process.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of quarterly and annual financial accounts with supporting schedules compatible with statutory standards.
- Manage the annual audit process for the company and wider entities and across its International investment platforms.
- Ensure conformity to local and international financial regulatory requirements.
- Manages all external third party confirmations ensuring they are prepared within the agree timelines.
- Coordinates with External Auditors to ensure timely certification of the company's annual financial statements across all jurisdictions.
- International Investment Platforms
- Be the firms interface with finance teams within the International Investment Platforms.
- Oversees monthly annual and quarterly reporting for Investment Platforms.
- Oversee the preparation of reports for management accounting and ensure they are undertaken in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for provision of Finance related board deliverables for the Investment Platforms.
- Lead and coordinates the submission of the group wide's tax compliance and annual returns.
- Ensure compliance with local and international tax jurisdictions rules.
- Manage key relationships with external tax advisors.
- Liaises with the company Finance on all payable and settlement issues and ensures any recharges are dealt with in a systematic process.
- Checks invoices for the disbursement of payments; ensures that all payments are accounted for correctly and in accordance with the company guidelines.
- Ensure the provision of the capital required by the company including negotiating the procurement of capital and maintaining the required financial arrangements.
- Maintain liquidity to meet financial obligations, through funding from equity, bank borrowings, day to day cash management and activities.
- Support subsidiaries in ensuring their funding requirements are met.
- Banking and Company Formations
- Interfaces with banks and financial institution on all banking matters and the company accounts maintenance.
- Oversee the incorporation of new entity set up locally and internationally to ensure conformity with local laws and international guidelines.
- Ensure the bank account management process is handled smoothly minimizing lead time
- Reviewing relevant bank documentation along with the companies Legal where appropriate to ensure conformity to statutory requirements.
Systems and Processes
- Monitor and review accounting and system reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company's integrated financial systems.
- Support in development of firms Oracle ERP financial system.
- Support the development and maintenance of Finance related Policies and Procedures.
Ad Hoc analysis
- Prepare analysis and recommendations enabling business decisions to be made.
- Produce sensitivity and scenario analysis.
- Production of Accounting Technical Papers.
- Supporting other group companies as and when required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other Finance related fields are preferable.
- Preferable if candidate was qualified or studying towards a professional accounting qualification (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA, CPA). However, this will be considered in light of experience.
Background and Experience
- Big 4 Audit experience is essential.
- Experience in the Middle East region is a pre-requisite.
- Experience working within the investment industry is a pre-requisite.
- Experience managing international investment platforms is preferable.
- At least 7-10 years technical experience in financial framework, financial controls, financial operations, investment accounting, or general administration accounting function.
- Must have at least 2-3 years of managerial experience.
- Broad knowledge about back office investment processes, investment transactions and administration software.
- Oracle ERP experience is preferred including modules such as GL, AP, AR, FA, CM and SCM.
- Fluency in English.
- Basic understanding of Arabic would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on, self-driven attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver to deadlines.
- Ability to develop relationships with key external advisors, banks, custodians, as well as internal peers.
- High standards of integrity and ethics.
- Please note: The responsibilities listed above are subject to change as per job requirements and in line with business needs.
Gate Village 1, Level 1