Finance Shared Services Controller
2nd July 2018
Finance & Accounting
EMEA Finance Shared Service Controller leads a team to effectively plan, organize and manage Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Internal Controls for the EMEA region
- Responsible for implementing the EMEA Finance Shared Service Centre (SSC) leveraging support from the US SSC
- Build a team capable of running the EMEA SSC
- Coach and develop the team ensuring customer service mind set and ensure adequate succession planning is in place
- Liaise with other shared service centres within group to establish and implement best practice Key accountabilities to include but not limited to Manage month end close process ensuring adherence to timetable
- Approval of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Approve fixed asset register changes
- Manage bank & cash
- Foreign exchange hedging with group treasury
- HR finance support for payroll
- Manage trade finance with local banks/group treasury
- Manage credit cards process
- Maintain Delegation of Authority (DOA) approval matrix and ensuring our IT systems adhere to this
- Manage the intercompany process within specified deadlines
- Reporting, tracking and improving key performance metrics for SSC
- Provide support to auditors, internal & external
- Production and submission of statutory accounts
- Compliance scorecards related to SSC activities
- Master data integrity, customer & vendor set up management
- Monthly management reporting of working capital elements
- Acts as a liaison between the company, vendors, purchasing, receiving
- and other internal departments to meet information needs and to ensure that proper information is maintained for historical purposes
- Management of key projects impacting SSC
- Key point of contact for: o Group treasury
- Divisional compliance team
- Internal & external Auditors
- Group tax
- Continuously drives for process improvements, standardization and simplicity
- Ensure all accounting transactions are is in line with International reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Ensure all key financial process are documented and tested a minimum of twice per year
- Reviews, investigates and corrects errors and inconstancies in financial entries, documents and reports
- Undertake other tasks as required.
- Key metrics to include but not limited to: o Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO)
- Daily Purchases Outstanding (DPO)
- Working Capital % Sales
- Payment on time
- Bad debt provision
- Inventory Turns
- Slow Moving & Obsolesce Inventory provision
- Measurable improvement in control environment and compliance scorecard rating for each business unit
- Improve processes around quality, customer service and efficiency
- Audit ratings
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, must be a qualified Chartered Accountant, ACCA preferably. Experience of managing an SSC essential and experience of setting up an SSC preferred but not essential. Minimum 15 years of post-qualification experience in large multinational company. Excellent presentation and communication skills. In depth knowledge of IFRS.
- Product Knowledge: Prior experience in an O&G services business preferable but not mandatory.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Standard Microsoft Office package with advanced Microsoft excel. Previous experience with ERP accounting packages, experience of Syteline would be advantageous.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Building Effective Teams
- Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- 40,000 AED per month all in (Basic, housing, transport)