27th March 2019
Finance & Accounting
A leading multi-national education business who are looking to expand their portfolio of schools and academies.
- Provide advice on improving the financial performance.
- Ensure effective production, management and reporting of all financial matters.
- To provide financial and commercial input and support to the Senior Management Team as required.
- To prepare budgets and forecasts and to manage the capital expenditure approval process.
- Oversee and manage the workload of the finance team staff and manage their professional development
- Ensure proper accounting and financial records and systems are maintained.
- Ensure financial accounts are produced monthly, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure all statutory accounting and tax returns are produced and submitted in accordance with legislation.
- Preparing, validating and submitting all required VAT returns, supporting schedules and any documentation/responses as may be required by the Federal Tax Authority.
- To ensure effective internal controls and implement new procedures as necessary.
- Ensure that a purchase order process is implemented and adhered to by all members of staff.
- To ensure proper asset management processes are in operation.
- To manage payroll records and ensure payroll and associated taxes are calculated and paid correctly.
- A new CMS, MIS and accounting system will be implemented you are to assist IT in implementation of the system new accounts and administration systems and controls as required, to ensure it fits the business needs.
- To liaise with external auditors and tax advisors regarding the statutory accounts and other statutory returns.
- Ensure you keep up to date with the latest accounting and tax regulations within the United Arab Emirates and internationally
Budgeting and Forecasting
- In conjunction with the senior teams, produce business plans, annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts.
- Work with the budget holders to determine correct allocation of cost budgets across cost centres and budget headings.
- Work with the admissions staff to generate pupil number forecasts to drive the revenue budget.
- Work with the HR staff to determine the correct staffing structure, associated costs for the budget, and maintain this file for the forecast.
- Ensure that cost efficiency is a key part of the budget process, eliminating waste and ensuring best value for money.
Budget Management and Reporting
- Ensure the costs stay within agreed budget levels.
- Monitor actual spend against budget on a budget holder and account heading basis.
- Liaise with budget holders on a regular basis to ensure that they are aware of their budgets and what they have spent to date.
- Take action to ensure that budget holders do not go over their budgets during the year.
- Develop internal management reports to aid in the management of the business and budget holders in the management of their individual budgets.
- Ensure complete management accounts and KPI package is submitted with agreed deadlines.
- Review and reporting of the monthly management accounts.
- To produce financial and performance reports. Review the reporting packs and propose improvements.
- Produce and submit appropriate capital expenditure proposals.
- Production of weekly and monthly cash flow forecast.
Sales Ledger and Credit Control
- Ensure the timely and accurate production of invoices.
- Actively manage the credit control process to ensure that all debts are collected
- Actively manage the school's cash flow to maximise efficiencies on cash usage.
- Professionally certified CIMA, ACCA, ACA or CPA - Essential
Experience / Knowledge
- 3 years and above experience with proven ability in a Management accounting role - Essential
- Well versed with IFRS, SOX standards and VAT - Essential
- Advanced experience in accountancy software products such as SAGE, MS Navision, and MS Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint Essential
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, and the ability to gather, analyse, explain and consolidate data for management reporting - Desirable
- Past experience in school environment - Desirable
Salary & Benefits
- 23,000 AED per month
- Private medical insurance
- Annual flights
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700