AED240,000.00 - AED300,000.00 / annum
28th January 2019
Finance & Accounting
Our client is a massive player in fresh food distribution in the UAE. They are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join their team as a Business Partner to the Managing Director.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of accounting.
- Ensure that all cheque books, accounting records and documentation are well secured and that confidentiality and integrity of the Company's financials are maintained.
- Ensure that finance department's "day's work in a day" is adhered to.
- Ensure that "Accounting System" is updated on a daily basis and that the company's assets are protected.
- Draw the CFO's attention to any potential risks.
- Ensure that payments and receipts are in line with Company's policies and procedures. Upkeep all financial information, prepare financial reports to determine record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other financial activities.
- Responsible for the accounting of physical inventory transactions, price protection, and assigned account reconciliations.
- Monitor stock ledger activity and develop inventory reports.
- Provide the company's management team with financial support and coordinate with other department, banks, external auditors, suppliers and customers as required.
- Constantly review internal control and procedures and recommend improvements.
- To implement financial controls in the businesses which prevent misuse and misappropriation of funds or assets and inefficient cost control.
- Serve as a key member of the senior management team to develop operational and strategic business plans, forecasts and feasibility studies.
- Preparation of reports daily, weekly and monthly which include but are not limited to revenue analysis, debtors analysis, monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of annual budgets per business unit with quarterly updated rolling forecasts.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly Business Review Pack (BUR).
- Submission of a monthly Financial Manager's report summarizing the performance of the businesses under your control, which includes a P&L, variance analysis against budget and forecast, balance sheet and cash flow, focus areas for the next month, control weaknesses and corrective actions.
- Management and control of all banking related transactions within the Transport and Logistics companies.
- Daily cash flow monitoring and management which includes the management of payables.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations review and authorize.
- Preparation of accounts must be in line with IFRS.
- Overseeing and control of the purchasing department ensuring the right item is purchased at the most competitive price.
- Monitor supplier/customer agreements regarding respective revenue and cost associated with them.
- Use industry experience and initiative to identify areas for cost cutting and/or revenue improvement.
- Ensure all businesses and assets under your control are at all times properly insured through a reputable insurance company, claims are processed timely with appropriate.
- Risk management of assets, currency, credit and liquidity.
- Manage and coordinate internal and external audits.
- Serve as advisor to key management regarding strategic projects and operational requirements.
- Provide leadership to your finance team members and strive to be industry leading in terms of accuracy, quality, timings, execution and delivery.
- Developing and monitoring KPI's and KPA's for the finance staff.
Key experience this candidate needs to have to be considered is:
- Minimum 4-5 years of Accounting experience with a UAE foodstuff trading company
- General food retail experience desirable
- An energetic, motivated individual with aspirations of obtaining international financial management experience
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial initiatives
- Strong commercial mindset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Comfortable in communicating up to Chairman level.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate or MBA in Finance.
Salary & Benefits
- 20-25k per month all-inclusive depending on the level of experience.
DubaiDubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
Gate Village 1, Level 1, Office Unit 104, P.O. Box 482100
ae +971 (0) 4 382 6700