Location : Dubai
Post Date : 30 March 2017
Our client is a Professional Service firm based in Dubai, and as such they are ONLY considering candidates from the Professional Services/Law Firm sectors.
- The main purpose of this role is the overall management of the finance and accounting function. To be the owner of financial data and reporting thereof to management of the company, ensuring that information presented and reports produced are of a high standard, accurate and complete.
- Please note that the client prefers a candidate whom can speak an Indian language fluently due to cultural fit, and the client will only consider candidates with SAGE experience.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of direct reports. The successful candidate will have 2 direct reports.
- Management of month end close. Ensuring that month end close is completed within the agreed timelines and that proper controls, processes and review processes are in place to ensure that data is complete and accurate.
- Management of month end reporting. Ensuring that month end reports are submitted to and reviewed by the FD by the agreed timelines and that proper controls, processes and review processes are in place to ensure that reports are complete and accurate. And that information presented are compliant with Group policies and IFRS.
- Monthly analysis of results. Ensuring that a proper review of results are done and that variances against forecast and prior months are fully understood and can be explained properly.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations. Monthly review/completion of balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring that outstanding matters are resolved timeously. Suggest processes to ensure that issues are resolved timeously.
- Constant improvement in processes and systems. Where weaknesses have been identified, ensure that proper plans and actions are put in place to resolve matters timeously. To suggest and implement necessary improvements.
- Internal Controls. Ensuring that necessary internal controls are in place and that these are adhered to at all times. Where weaknesses are identified, raise these with FD and suggest necessary actions and controls to be put in place.
- Participating in forecast process, completing the necessary templates and providing the necessary information as needed.
- Cost Control. Assist in identifying areas for improved cost control and designing and implementing processes to take advantage of these.
- Ensuring the monthly payroll is completed by the necessary deadlines and that the payroll register is maintained and kept up to date with the necessary information (leave balances, employee deductions and other).
- Working Capital Management. Ensure that systems and processes for managing working capital are in place and functioning effectively and identify areas for improvement in working capital management as well as identifying and reporting credit risk issues in the debtors' books.
- Monitor and manage cash within the established guidelines as well as dealing with issues related to foreign exchange.
- Ensuring company is compliant in all areas - tax (VAT/GST, customs, payroll, corporate, WHT), statutory, etc. Ensuring that necessary payments, returns, forms, licenses etc. are submitted before the required deadlines.
- Ensuring business is adequately insured against all risks at all times during the year and that renewals happen before the required deadline.
- Annual Audit. Assisting FD with completion of Annual Audit.
- SOX Compliance and Internal Audits. Assisting FD with completion of these.
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountancy Qualification is a mandatory
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and an Indian language
- SAGE experience is essential
- Successful track record in the accounting, auditing and finance business environment-
Up to 18.000 AED per month plus benefits - Single status.
Gate Village 1, Level 1