20th August 2018
Finance & Accounting
Robert Half are working exclusively with an Oil & Gas consulting company based in the Dubai to recruit a Finance Director.
You will be responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting efforts of the company. Specifically be responsible for the maintenance of group credit facilities that support the strategic growth of the company.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast.
- Weekly updates to 13 week rolling cash flow forecast.
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
- Oversee the development of appropriate financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
- Ensure detailed and accurate contract pricing and assessment of working capital requirements
- Balance risks and returns in customer and supplier contracts
- Provide regular updates on contract profitability - planned v actual
- Plan contractual ROI including cost of working capital to ensure ROI exceeds minimum requirement as set by the Board from time to time and that the group remains in compliance with its banking covenants
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements in accordance with GAAP in countries of operation and IFRS across the group.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidation and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Perform annual goodwill and other intangibles impairment reviews
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Strong background in negotiating corporate credit facilities across a range of banks both domestic and international.
- Lead discussions with lenders.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with variety of commercial banks and financial service providers.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment and asset management.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization's operations, business plans and bank covenant compliance.
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of integrated budgets (annual and three years).
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Implement foreign currency management policies and hedging instruments to minimize the impact of exchange fluctuations
- Develop tax optimization strategies across multiple tax jurisdictions
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Engage with the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections and risk management strategies.
- Represent the Company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up to date on best practices.
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions; supervise company finance staff.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for the company board of directors, oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies in multiple countries of operation.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Mentor and develop a direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Experienced within both a Corporate Head office and overseas operational environment
- Degree in finance or accounting and/or professionally qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or QBE
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent skills within MIS and usual MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Solid presentation skills
- Excellent Salary on offer