Location : Dubai
Post Date : 23 August 2017
A leading Oil & Gas services company is looking to recruit a Finance Director. This role is exclusive to Robert Half International.
Responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. Provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting and budgeting of the company. Responsible for the maintenance of group credit facilities that support the strategic growth of the company.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast.
- Weekly updates to 13 week rolling cash flow forecast.
- Analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, service launches).
- Oversee the development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
- Ensure detailed and accurate contract pricing and assessment of working capital requirements
- Provide updates on contract profitability - planned v actual
- Plan contractual ROI including cost of working capital to ensure ROI exceeds minimum requirement as set by the Board and that the group remains in compliance with its banking covenants
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements in accordance with GAAP in countries of operation and IFRS across the group.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations, consolidation and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Perform annual goodwill and intangibles impairment reviews
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Strong background in negotiating corporate credit facilities across a range of banks - domestic and international.
- Lead discussions with lenders.
- Maintain relationships with commercial banks and financial service providers.
- Oversee cash flow planning and availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment and asset management.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization's operations, business plans and bank covenant compliance.
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of integrated budgets (annual and three years).
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Implement foreign currency management policies and hedging instruments to minimize the impact of exchange fluctuations
- Develop tax optimization strategies across multiple tax jurisdictions
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Represent the Company to financial partners, financial institutions, investors, foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up to date on best practices.
- Oversee the accounting dept. to ensure maintenance of accounting systems; supervise company finance staff.
- Ensure maintenance of internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for the company board of directors, oversee the preparation and communication of monthly/annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding financial functions.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Monitor open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure the company complies with legal/regulatory requirements.
- Ensure record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies in multiple countries.
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors.
- Ensure implementation of SAGE X3 ERP system across the group
- Implement preparations to ensure compliance with VAT in GCC operations from 1 Jan 2018
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Mentor a direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and building an effective team.
- Develop systems to provide critical financial / operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on strategy and operations.
- Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues and trends the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting / engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Oversee budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company strategic plan, as the organization considers sponsorships, potential acquisitions, and collaborations with external organizations.
- Qualified Accountant
- Professional written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Problem solving /creativity skills and able to exercise sound judgement by making decisions based on accurate analyses.
- You must be hands on and someone who can pick HR and Admin in the short term
- High level of integrity, dependability and accountability with a sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Commitment to company values.
- Proficient computer and financial modelling skills
Up to 45,000aed per month DOE plus Bonus, Medical & Flights
Gate Village 1, Level 1